1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many bikes in a van?

Discussion in 'General' started by JCP636, Aug 5, 2009.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

For those of you who have vans, I'm thinking about buying a cargo van to use to bring the bike to the track. Just wondering what size to look for and how many bikes you can fit in there comfortably?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damaged or undamaged?

3. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

when i had a ford E150 i could fit 2 bikes and a pitbike. i've heard of people putting 3 race bikes in a van but i've never seen pics of it, so i can't imagine how you would do it.

4. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

Isn't this the same as asking how many clowns are in that VW?

5. 600RR21

600RR21 Well-Known Member

Extended Astro Cargo Van = 2 1000cc bikes + gear for two people. I use to own one :)

6. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

e250 extended we fit 3 600cc plus gear etc and still more room

7. Cargo vans are the way to go. Hard to beat them for the low budget racer who can't afford a truck and trailer. They don't do well with deadening the sound of Cherry bombs though so don't pit near Jamie James.:D

8. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 250 extended version.
    You can fit 3 bikes in it and a pit bike.
    I need to get rid of it. $2750.00

9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I've got an old GMC conversion van that can fit a full size bike plus an XR100 in the back, plus room for four passengers. If I remove the rear two seats, I can fit another bike, but it's usually easier just to pull a small trailer at that point.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Cash for Clunkers. :p

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

E350 extended. 3 bikes and gear easy.

12. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

What kind of gas mileage do those things get?

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I get 20, diesel. I had gas one and was getting 15.

14. oldbeginner

oldbeginner Well-Known Member

I got 2 bikes and all my gear in my Chevy G20 van right now ready for VIR. Van doubles as a motel!

15. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

where do you guys mount the straps? or do you just fab some up or are there some hidden under the carpet?

sorry not too well versed in the cargo van.

16. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I can fit 2 race bikes, a generator, a full tool box, 2 easy ups, spare tires and parts and 2 people plus gear in my E-250. The wheeless trailer holds the gas cans and the cooler. My van also doubles as a motel for one, or 2 real cozy.... The bikes strap to a divider installed (came with the van) behind the front seats. Don't know what the mileage is, but I drove it from Ocala to Savannah, then to Brunswick before refueling.

I bought the van for $1000

17. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the replys. I think I'm gonna look for a 250 or 350, so I can fit the occasional 3rd bike and I absolutley plan on using it as a motel too, haha. Envy PM sent.

18. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

with the tail section of the middle bike off...we used to put 3 r6 in a regular E150 van...it was tight but they did not touch. The middle bike goes in backwards