1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how i helped the United States Economy recover with my new leather purchase

Discussion in 'General' started by mdr14, Aug 26, 2010.

1. mdr14

mdr14 What?

In a previous post, I was inquiring about leathers and what brands are good. After lengthy research, I decided on a set of custom leathers from Kelcey at NJK Leathers www.njkleathers.com

Price wise, they are right there, I got a few "upgrades" but the suit will be more than worth it.

Here is how it flows out:

NJK Leathers is an American company, employing Americans, paying State and federal taxes.
    The Leather used is sourced using American raised cowhide. The cattle were fed using American grown grain. The Grain was planted using American made farm implement, The workers that made the tractor live in my area and own Harleys. They come to my shop for Dyno tuning.

If I don't buy my leather race suit from NJK Leathers, there will be less of a demand all the way down the line. The more leather suits Kelcey makes, the more cows that are needed, which means that more grain is needed, which means more tractors being produced, etc and so forth down the line. Economic Recovery!!

No law saying one can't purchase an imported suit. But just think where the money goes and what impact it will have. Bottom line, the money does not stay here in the United States.

Nothing wrong with a global economy, but I still get to say where I spend my money. I vote to keep my money at home when I can.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Man, I hope you're racing a Buell or a Harley. :D

3. mdr14

mdr14 What?

my wife is Japanese so I get a push on that one

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Matt, Kelcey makes an awesome suit. You're going to be very happy for years to come.

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Was the grain organic?

What is done with the discharged American grain? :rolleyes:

7. duc995

duc995 Yep…

What kind of car do you drive?

Congrats on the new purchase! :)

Thanks for the link...I had never heard of that brand before.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  8. SSCustoms

SSCustoms Well-Known Member

Matt, the catch with getting a new suit is that you have to wear it! It doesn't count if it just hangs in your shop looking pretty!

9. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

Kelcey is awesome and they make a great suit. I've got one of his and a Z Custom and they are both amazing suits - can't go wrong with either one.

At one point I was going to race a Kawi 600 and Kelcey and I came up with the idea to build a ninja turtle suit (cause I'll go a LONG way for a joke) with the speed hump like a turtle shell - he was totally into doing it. I never actually had it made, but the one he did make for me years earlier is still a great suit, even if I don't quite fit it anymore.

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, leather is a by-product. Whether or not you buy your leather suit from an American leather maker, they will still be making hamburgers out of the American cow the American leather was originally wrapped around. Buy American, you bet, for all the other reasons you say, but you aren't going to sell any more grain doing it.

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

The discharged grain is spread thinly all over the WERA bbs.

12. tito

tito Well-Known Member

do they make leather shirts???? I hear that is the new Hot item to have.....

13. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

I like this. Reminds me of the time some family was on TV preaching about how they're sooo much better to the environment with their electric car and they have no impact and we suck cause we're killing earth with our gas powered vehicles. In the end they had forgotten where electricity comes from. =P