1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How fast do you need to go...?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 24, 2016.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

#465 @ 305bw

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

safety/fluorescent orange with multiple autographs.

Britt likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Did the car have an engine capable of producing 1.21 jig-a-watts?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think there is enough info there to get to an answer but it will take some assumption. Figure the acceleration rate, then assume that same rate for lap 2?

5. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

[​IMG]

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Stickers. How many stickers doors he have. Stickers make you fast!

BigBird likes this.
  7. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

So if the driver averaged 90 miles per hour for the second lap. What is his average speed for the two laps?

8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Should have put it in launch control mode and dumped the clutch while on the limiter.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  9. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Go do the math and get back to us.

10. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I know the answer to my question. More interested in others thoughts.

11. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

12. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I think it depends on what color powerband he is using.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Why would you even let that pussy have a second lap?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

If it Sounds like NASCAR... It's time to leave

15. joec

joec brace yourself

Average or mean?.:)

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. Fuck that pussy.

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Everything makes sense if you remember that speed is a rate, not an absolute value.

This is why I hate the phrase "high rate of speed". A high rate of speed is a rate of a rate, which in this case is acceleration. Just say "high speed."

18. Exactly how I drive, always. I never "just cruise". It doesn't matter if I have ALL day to do absolutely nothing but go get some milk, when I go get that milk, ill be hauling ass.

I cant think of anything in the world that pisses me off more than people that drive like they have nowhere to be and nothing to do. When the light turns green, fucking go. When you get to your driveway, fucking turn in there. When you need to cross traffic and a gap comes, fucking take it. And you don't need to wait till the passing car is 5 lengths past you to initiate your turn-in, you can start turning as they are beside you.

One thing that people cant see to get through their heads, the law is "slower traffic keep right", or in some states "keep right except to pass". Nowhere in there does it say "unless you are already going the speed limit". It doesn't matter if the speed limit is 70 and you are going 75...if somebody is behind you being held up, then YOU are slower traffic and need to get the fuck over. So many people will say shit like "but im going the speed limit"...it doesn't fucking matter. You are going slower, so get the fuck out of the way.

BigBird likes this.
  19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

The only time I will hover in the passing lane is when I just passed someone going considerably slower and they speed up as I pass. There is no way in hell I'm moving over because they finally decided to go faster.

20. I hate that shit. You come up on somebody and pass them, then they suddenly decide they want to go faster.