1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do YOU make coffee?

Discussion in 'General' started by 1kk8, Jan 8, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's really more about the sauce or seasoning than the snails. By themselves, there just like pieces of rubber. I've only tried the tiny, thumb-sized (if that) ocean kind. The big fat ones that leave trails of snot, I'd rather take a sip out of his coffee mug. Well, maybe. Unless getting shot is an option.

2. How I make my coffee - I just say “woman you better stop what you are doing and get me a damn coffee”. Then I start my cardio workout running like hell :) as far as how I really make my coffee it depends. Weekends French press, weekdays Kurig with an instant espresso pack or two in it, at the office is a choice of a lot. Working for an appliance manufacturer we have a bad ass espresso machine so usually make a double or triple then go over to the chocolate shot machine and add a shot of that to it. Have 2-3 of those before noon and occasionally one in the afternoon. I like my coffee strong, it’s an efficiency thing

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Good call :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. They are French so I wouldn’t either :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the caffiene content has to be 10-15 times what a standard cup is...say 50mg? :) Does it wash over you like a tidal wave? Lets get this day STARTED!!!! :)

6. Haha not really. I admit I get a lot of caffeine. I said that’s the only coffee I drink all day, but I still get my preworkout stuff too.

It is a lot of caffeine in that one “cup”. But it probably isn’t any different from the guys that will drink a whole pot.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True, they're like hotdogs, just a method of delivering the yummy stuff.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

1/3 cup of Cafe Bustello in the Mr. Coffee with a pinch each of cinnamminnamanon and salt. Fill to the 2 line. Set to start 5 minutes before my wife wakes up then go to work.

I hate that miserable shit. Coffee is for savages, poetry slammers and college kids. I drink only distilled water or rain water until the afternoon when it's time for pure-grain alcohol, Mandrake.

9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

We have a Dutch bar/restaurant in Gvlle, SC that does escargot in a really rich garlicky cream sauce that is like an angel sneezed on your plate. It's grandma-humpin good!

HPPT likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

11. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I used to drink coffee in the mornings (Cowboy, drip, or espresso) but then decided shitting 14 times during the day although I haven't eaten anything and always feeling like shit wasn't worth paying three dollars a day. Now I'm $1000 dollars richer a year, feel great in the mornings (fack...that took a while), eat three meals a day, and only shit twice a day.

12. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

You sure that was just your morning coffee? Sounds like you were making it with swamp water.

Sabre699 and Kelbor like this.
  13. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I've had to drink swamp water and mud puddle water before in a pinch...and it never bit me like coffee.

I think I'm pretty caffeine/acid sensitive - one cup a day would do me. If I planned on sleeping that night, I'd never consume past noon. I did put myself though school and grad school baking bread so 6 shot espresso drinks at 2am weren't super unusual in my 20's. As I get older, the acid just fucks with my stomach too much. Still do a cold pressed occasionally when I want to get cracked out and those are a bit better.

14. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Last week I make my 'poor mans Cappucino'

Use my regular drip coffee maker- put it on bold instead of regular- it drips slower
    I use Cafe Bustello Expresso. Make it strong.

Then- I drink lactose reduced Whole Milk- so I heat it in the Microwave, boil or near boil.
    Put it in a medium large bowl, and get my cake batter mixer out ( you know the one with the 2 plug in thingies?)
    Whip the hot milk up to a froth.

Pour over fresh hot expresso in the mug. Viola- Cappucino! As good or better than Starred Bucks.

My daily drink is dripped fresh Southern Pecan coffee.

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Snails are bait!!!

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

if you have the ability to stir the gounds a bit halfway through the brew cycle, try it. i found that to yield a better cup. i'll be curious what you think..

17. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Every day coffee, Cuisinart grinder/coffee maker, fresh locally roasted beans. Makes great fresh ground coffee with no fuss, put beans and water in, coffee comes out.

Weekends if I’m not in a hurry I use the espresso pot and grind up some local beans in the Krups grinder, and use a little churn-like thing to froth warmed milk, or, I may use a French press and local beans. Also have a combo glass pot and cone-shaped fine brass screen like a Melitta but no paper filter, but that takes lots of hassle.

Sorry, I’m a “no” vote on the snails. When I was a kid they were everywhere and they’d slime their way across the front porch and if I wasn’t paying attention I’d step on one barefoot getting the Sunday paper—the memory of them squishing up between my toes several times makes me want to take my butter and garlic some other way, like on toast or something.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Pretend to sleep until the wife gets up and makes it. Haha. We like pretty strong coffee here. We do 1 to 1 ratio of coffee to water.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wow! We do 2 tablespoons per 12 cups in our auto drip maker. A great way to stay hydrated and still get your mental fix. And an espresso every other morning or so.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

My afternoon dose :)

Attached Files: