1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you feel about flying?

Discussion in 'General' started by OGs750, Oct 18, 2010.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was booked on a Fort Lauderdale to Philadelphia flight, if I remember correctly. It turned out not to be a direct flight. They flew us to Miami first. It was one of those 19-seaters. I can't remember how full.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gotcha.

Had to stop to load the chickens and reload the bug juice to dust the crops? :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

dude, it wasn't a pit stop. Miami is south of Fort Lauderdale. Philadelphia is north. :Poke: We got on a different flight. :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All I know about the entire stinkpit is it's north of Cuba, South of Georgia and Airtrans charges $189 to fly to Orlando. :D

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

December of 2003. National Car Rental was next to some marina. Sounds good that they centralized it, I'll be looking at Miami in the future. At Barber last week, having my Garmin with me was a godsend. It found restaurants for us and even showed me the back road short cut to Birmingham Airport. The Doctor (Dr. Nightmare, the voice I loaded into the GPS) was a little confused to wake up in Alabama after going to sleep in Massachusetts.

They're only 20 miles apart!

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

In 2004, I was paying $135 for a round trip direct flight Boston to Fort Lauderdale. I dumped my travel agent after the ROC at Homestead because they were starting to charge a handling fee.

7. scotth

scotth Banned

Oh man, then you missed the really good stuff. Two, three years ago when they were building the new rental car center, Avis was in what was literally a construction zone in the middle of what can only charitably be described as a south Florida ghetto. There were signs, but a big chunk of them were missing, and the 'road' was unpaved and unmarked. I ended up following the cars they were using to ferry passengers to and from the terminal--they had 'Avis' magnets on the doors.

I'll still take FLL if it's north of Miami--by the time you get out of Virginia Gardens and over to 95 you can get there almost as quick from FLL. But when we were going to Coral Cables or Coconut Grove it made sense to fly into MIA. Unfortunately.