1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do y'all go about charging transponders?

Discussion in 'General' started by jp233, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

between race weekends, do you just let it get totally dead, then charge it up a few days before the race, or do you periodically charge it up to keep a green blinker on it every once and a while?

mine's completely dead from last weekend, wondering if I should give it a charge before the cycle jammer, or just wait until a day or 2 before i leave for VIR
    :confused:

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I let it go til the next race, and then just through it on the charger the night I get to the track. Overnight it will charge enough for the weekend.

3. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

:Off:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Let it go totally dead each time.

AMB suggests you charge it once every month or two.

5. Chris Mann

Chris Mann Well-Known Member

I let mine go dead then about a week before the next race put it on the charger, once it is green on the charger, I take it off and using a 9V battery I turn the transponder off. This allows it to keep the charge. Once at the track throw it back on the charger to turn it on and then put it on the bike. I got the instructions on turning it off on the AMB website. Hope this helps.