1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i flush dot5 out and go to dot4 brake fluid??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bigrallymeats, Apr 5, 2011.

1. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

Hell one bottle will do 3 bikes. It's cheaper than most other racing costs. To get rid of it just flush it with a inferior brand of dot 4 or 5.1, dot 3 blows.

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I got (3) bottles of the RBF 600 for $42 shipped.
    Almost half the cost of the SRF.

3. bigrallymeats

bigrallymeats Well-Known Member

the level is right under the "HI" mark. And here's the thing bro, i wasn't even using the brakes before they locked up on me!! everything was working fine and then i loaded my bike into the back of my truck bed. i trailered my bike about 200 miles and unloaded it and noticed my front wheel was completely locked up. there was ZERO movement in my lever and it was rock hard. all i could do in my drive way were burn outs! i figured my brakes were just completely screwed up. so let the bike sit over night in my drive way and now they're fine!?! this means that the DOT 5 fluid was agitated so much from being in the back of my truck during the freeway driving that it caused it to expand and shit. i read an article from harley davidson (they use dot 5 as OEM) and they said that dot5 can do this from just being in the bottle and driving home w it in your saddle bags and you MUST let it sit for at least an hour before putting it into your bike once you get home or you're just messing up. they said you can even see the brake fluid change to a soda color from just shaking it up!!

so yea.. thanks for the advice peeps. i'll just get a bunch of cheapo dot3 stuff from walmart and flush this system out like crazy and put the 5.1 stuff back in it. If that doesn't work, i'll try the non-chlorinated brake clean stuff.