1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come WERA doesn't come to Gateway anymore?

Discussion in 'General' started by Speedballer, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

I raced Gateway (local) with WERA back in 88-90, and completely quite riding/racing till 3 months ago.
    Now Gateway is a CCS track and WERA doesn't come here.
    Does anyone know why?
    Just curious.
    -E-

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They wouldn't return any of our phone calls requesting dates for the 2001 season...

However CCS gets four scheduled at a track they have never run for as long as I can remember and we have been running there and working with the track for decades, go figure.

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hmmm, maybe they don't like you. [​IMG]

4. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Its the Rainbow Cowboy Hat!... They are really confused with that.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not that I know of. They were actually turned on more for the crew setting up for the Metallica concert, that's how we were able to use them. The track agreed to it ahead of time as part of the deal.

Of course without them returning any phone calls or letters it's really hard to say... All I know for sure is that the guy who was our contact is no longer there and no one else seems interested in talking to us.

7. aip

aip Well-Known Member

TOO BAD Gateway Rocks.

8. smknjoe

smknjoe Well-Known Member

I'm going there this weekend for a CCS race so I'll ask around, piss some people off and get back to ya. [​IMG]