1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda S2000: 4 hours left. How high?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Feb 17, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

BAT is definitely inflated for sure, but I think similar to stock market, you have a lot of people at home with money to burn. They need something to make them happy, that young child car dream.

Prices should come down a little, but BAT is probably the best place to put a "special" car. A lot of knowledgeable folks willing to pay a premium.

Senna likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anything you can do outdoors and individually right now is stupidly overpriced. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles.

I stopped in to my local outfitter shop the other day. They had literally three pairs of hiking boots. I asked him if they were just getting away from selling boots to focus on gear. The owner told me not at all - everything that comes in is just sold the same week and they're taking preorders on most boots now.

It's crazy.

BigBird likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Senna likes this.
  4. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

5. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

It's not quite just an old STI, it's a limited edition WRC homologation car.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think it will go a lot higher.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i had a 2002 S2000. Loved it and then almost bought a brand new CR when they came out but decided to buy a bike and here we are today..

BigBird likes this.
  8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I don’t get it. My street STi came dead stock with 25 more hp, another gear, for $120K less.

Newyork likes this.
  9. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

It’s all about what people can’t get....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBird and RichB like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's also not the real output. Japanese manufacturers were restricted to 280 hp at the time. On paper. If I remember correctly, this thing was more like 350 hp.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Lol, nobody lusts after an R7 OW-02 because of its comparative performance......

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

22B review in the YouTube thread.

13. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

That's saying it differently. But yeah basically that is it.
    Over this way it's 80s/early 90s classic street cars but 'experts' have suggested the inflated numbers won't hold for much longer. We'll see.

Newyork likes this.
  14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Newyork likes this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Love it. Wish these types of trucks were still being offered. Not as practical as just a regular truck, but super cool.

18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Dodge Ram TRX - there's your modern Truck with SRT performance.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hard to believe the sticker shows $46k ... can hardly get a base truck for that price these days LOL

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I kind of shake my head as to why someone would just want to park it unless they bought twins... 1 to keep & 1 to drive. It was a $50k burnout machine back then.
    Gona guess north of $75k for final figure.