1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homebuilt sprocket organizer?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by punchsponge, Dec 31, 2017.

1. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Hey, has anyone out there come up with a good way to organize rear sprockets? Photos? Best approaches I have seen so far are threaded on a PVC pipe and piled up on the bottom of a plastic parts bin. I'm currently employing the second method...

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

small rubber maid bin. about the size of the largest sprocket you would ever get. Drop the front sprockets around the sides, some extra cush drive rubbers down the middle.. Those things with tubes you stack em all on ? Please.. you'd go mad trying to get the one you want. The bin just allows you to shuffle through em fast. Especially when you have some for a stock cush, and some for a marchesini cush drive. Lifts easy, nothing can fall out.. awesome.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don’t understand. Photos, pleasec

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Best photo I have for now (this bin is in the trailer at friends how where it's stored).
    Blue bin with a sprocket and carrier sticking up out of it, on floor next to the eu2000. The sprocket and carrier that are sticking up, are slid in along side the stack of rear sprockets. the front sprockets are in there shoved along the sides of the stack as well.
    Brian Stokes gave this bin to me way back when i bought his 06 gsxr1000.

[​IMG]

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Big zip locks, per size, labeled with each sprocket size, all in a bin, ordered smallest to largest, cleaned after every use, before returning to bags.

Basic.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I had two long bolts come out of the wall on our 12' trailer. I would put them all on it and had wing nuts for easy removal. I had the same bolts that just held them together, but then decided to pull the panel and bring the bolts through. I put them in a place where I wouldn't hit them when walking by. They stayed out of the way and easy to find.

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Bagged for freshness?

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Lemon scented.

9. Brian Riemland

Brian Riemland Active Member

Recycled_Record_Case_1024x1024.jpg For rears vinyl record sleeves (10 pack for 5 bucks) and a milk crate...for fronts toolbox drawer, shouldnt have but two or three anyway.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You're not detailed-oriented (OCD) enough, then ..

11. Brian Riemland

Brian Riemland Active Member

I have seen your garage pics, if that is OCD I am not even close.

12. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

PVC works well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will9465 likes this.