1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home security systems

Discussion in 'General' started by BarryG, Mar 27, 2014.

1. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

So my lady is moving into a new apartment (Roswell) and it's a ground floor unit. She's a little freaked about security, being alone all week when she gets home from work, and is looking into alarm systems. We have ADT at home in FL, but she's been in touch with Front Point Security and Protect America about their systems, and they do look pretty nice and websites say all the right things. Monitoring and setting with phone app looks pretty nice, and installation simple. ADT need to send a tech to install their system.
    Does anyone have any experience with these guys and can comment/advise?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

make sure she plans to stay in the apt as long as the contract lasts

3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Whatever you decide make sure they install a "hold-up" button.

One in the front room and one in the bedroom is a great feature.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I've had nothing but horrible experiences with ADT... I will never ever use them again. From customer service to billing they're the worst. They would change my bill for no reason (higher of course) then it would take 3+ months to get the credit. You had to talk to 15 different people to get something done... to cancel the contract they had some very specific fine print to follow, including FAX wtf! The contracts auto-renew for the simplest things resetting you to 0.. just plain horrible, stay away from them at all costs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adt....6.0....0...1c.1.38.serp..2.4.369.wFLt7r9bIvg

5. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are getting ready to install that in one of our buildings. Cost is reasonable and the no contract monitoring is a huge plus.