1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home a/c issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Coopster, May 15, 2018.

1. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Well a gotdamned contactor didn't fix it.
    I'm not much of a "Parts Thrower", but THIS bitch got things thrown @ it...

2. Coopster

I appreciate that, my brother - I know I need to do that, f' sho.

3. Coopster

Oh, I HAVE the cash - it's just that car racing is much more expensive than a $200 set of Hi Sports back in my day (Sonny!)
    :eek:)

4. Coopster

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Two fan wires go to the cap. One of them goes to the line side of the cap (on my motor it’s the white wire) and the brown wire goes to the other side of the cap. The black wire goes to the contactor (on the opposite phase to the line on the capacitor).

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh, you have a 3-wire cap. I’d have to look at the diagram again, I can’t remember the schematic for a 3-wire cap

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Some elechicken you are... :D

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My AC works... ;)

ChemGuy likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Possibly inside the service door. On a RV that is three one is for the fan and the other is for the compressor with a common ground.

10. Coopster

Happy to report that I'm sittin' here in the kitchen with rock hard nipples - this bish is chillin' betta than ever.
    Dudeman came back out and went through some stuff - and while he didn't make it SUPER clear to me what was wrong, he SORT of alluded to it being something he may have done, and did not charge me anything.
    Yes - I am going to look into a bitchin' new system which I should have done back when the economy was kickin' ace!