1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

I'm not putting the effort in to find out but I really hope neither of you 2 defended the BS ejection of the ohio guy who was tackling Mitch er Trevor head on and got tossed.
    BTW I thought the hit on the airborne defenseless Clemson WR who got laid out was dirty. The intent was to injure. Not sure an ejection was needed on that but text book definition of unnecessary roughness if they still have that penalty.

With a QB from Ohio, just sayin'. I too predict LSU won't have as good of a season next year. Burreaux averaged 4 TDs a game over a 15 game season.

2. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

And KU BBall

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You referring to the 8-8 TarBabies?

The ones who just lost to Clemson in CH for the first time in 90+ years? :crackup:

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Nice work Kreskin, I mean its not even possible.

Dragginass likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe not this year's heels, but there are folks down here that haven't even set foot in NC that are rabid UNC BB fans. It is the one jersey you can get in sporting goods stores almost without fail.

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

It is possible just not likely or probable. Therefor my prediction.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The LSU coach sounds like the the guy from The Waterboy.! Does he sand blast his vocal cords??:eek:

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Disagree. It was a text book hard hit leading with shoulder. The defender did nothing wrong. It wasn’t a cheap shot, nothing dirty about it.

SpeedyTide and Dragginass like this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Game didn’t go the way I thought it would, and I’m glad it didn’t. Joe Burrow deserves every accolade he gets, he’s as good as I’ve ever seen...for a season anyway. The targeting call, it was text book. He lowered his head and led with his helmet. I’m thinking it’s his style...that neck brace ain’t for nothing.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep. Not sure what the ref was watching. I guess I don’t know what offensive PI is anymore. Terrible call.

11. rwdfun

rwdfun

Wasn't remotely necessary. The ball was way overthrown and the defender knew it wasn't going to be a catch.

Hmmmm
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ey-to-lsu-players-while-celebrating-title-win

12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I didn’t defend it or agree with it. I would have to go back and watch it as I was working in my garage when it happened and didn’t see it but I’ve read a lot about it. I only comment on things I’ve seen and can form my own opinion of.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Agreed. He even saw the ball fly over his hands and still landed a vicious hit on a defenseless receiver. Legal or not (I say illegal), bush league move that could have ended a lot worse............and apparently that guy (Jacoby Stevens) lead LSU in penalties (maybe illegal hits?), if I heard the announcer correctly.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1216912901392433157

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

There's absolutely no way, in real speed, he could have pulled off from that hit once the receiver didn't catch it. The announcers even called it clean. Stevens is not a dirty player.

16. Dragginass

NCAA Most Points Scored in a Season
    Previous record: 723, Florida St, 2013
    LSU: 726

Total Offense in the CFP Championship
    Previous record: 550, Clemson, 2016
    LSU: 628 yds

Ties NCAA Most Victories in a Season.

Ends Clemson's win streak....

Longest active FBS winning streak (16 games)

Most wins against top 10 teams in a season.

Most games scoring 40 pts vs top 10 teams in a season (5)

Joe Burrow

NCAA Single Season record TOTAL yards
    Previous record: 5,976 yds, B.J. Symmons, Texas Tech
    Joe: 6,039 yds
    First 6k yard man!!!

LSU Career TOTAL yards
    Previous record: 8,938 yds, Tommy Hodson
    Joe: 9,349 yds

NCAA Single Season Passing TDs
    Previous record: 58, Colt Brennan, Hawaii
    Joe: 60

NCAA Single Season TOTAL TDs
    Previous record: 63, Colt Brennan, Hawaii
    Joe: 64

NCAA Single Season Points Responsible For
    Previous record: 384, Colt Brennan, Hawaii
    Joe: 390

SEC Single Season Completions
    Previous record: 400, Tim Couch
    Joe: 402

SEC Single Season Total Offense/Game
    Previous record: 393.5 yds/game, Johnny Manzeil
    Joe: 402.6 yds/game

Passing yards in the CFP Championship
    Previous record: 420 yds, DeShaun Watson, Clemson, 2017
    Joe: 463 yds

TDs responsible for in BCS/CFP Championship Game
    Joe: 6 (5 passing, 1 rushing)

LSU QB-Receiver TD Combinations
    Record: 24, Joe to Justin Jefferson (set last week)
    Joe to JaMarr Chase: 23 (tied with Russell/Bowe for #2)

JaMarr Chase

LSU Single Season Receiving Yards
    Previous record: 1,740 yds, Josh Reed
    Chase: 1,780 yds

LSU Career 200 yd Receiving Games
    Previous record: 2, Josh Reed
    Chase: 3rd 200 yd game this season tonight

LSU Single Season Receptions
    Chase now #3 on the LSU single season receptions list behind #2 Josh Reed (84 catches)and #1 Justin Jefferson (111 catches)

SEC Single Season Receiving TDs
    Previous record: 18, JJ, Chase and Reidel Anthony
    Chase: 20

CFP Single Game Receiving Yards
    Previous record: 208 yds, O.J. Howard, Alabama
    Chase: 221 yds

2019 Leader in Receiving Yards
    Previous: 1,653 yds, Omar Bayless, Arkansas St
    Chase: 1,780 yds

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Its funny watching you guys discuss such good teams who had such great season, win or lose. As an Air Force fan, we are literally going apeshit over our 10-2 season and a bowl win. I cant imagine what its like to be on the level of these Tigers.

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Horseshit. He had two full steps after that ball sailed, and a few more before that while the receiver was in the air.

Regardless, he still chose to issue a full speed hit to the spine of a receiver who was still a couple feet off the ground and his back turned.

I get it, these guys are raised to inflict punishment, but that Mathieu clip is proof-positive that you can still play the game without intentionally putting somebody onto a cart or worse.

rwdfun likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think this has any impact on the LSU DB making a hard play. I don’t see the correlation.
    We can discuss feelings all day and they will never have an impact towards the hit being legal or illegal, a hard hit Vs. a cheap shot.

20. Dragginass

So you want defenders to start pulling off like Mathieu? It's cool Tyrann did that, but come on.

It's not his responsibility to watch the ball, it's his responsibility to tackle sthe shit out of the guy who may be coming down with it. Either way, I wish he would have gone for the INT. Ever wonder why it's legal to hit a QB even after the ball has been released? But I digress.

G 97 likes this.