1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Crap...did you see Yates bunny-hop????!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by AJ_371, Jul 28, 2002.

1. AJ_371

AJ_371 Tom Thumb!!

OMFG!!!!:eek: Scruggs nv#618 is the only other person that I have ever seen do that on a sportbike.

[​IMG]

2. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

I didnt get to see it.. looks cool! did he do that with pure power and max traction with some serious body english? how fast was he going just before he launched it?

AWSOME AY

/////

3. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I think Drebber or Gregg White said that his crew was more worried about him crashing the bike on the cool down lap.

4. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

The bunny hop was cool. I wonder why Yates did not just punt Bostrom out of the way instead on tucking the front to keep from hitting him on the Superbike. Most of the time he uses slower guys as rolling berms. I thought it was up to the passing rider to make a clean pass. You guys would be wearing out sombody who passed like him in WERA. Yeah I know he came up through WERA. I like him and his aggressiveness but there shouldn't be a trail of debris in his aftermath. I think the AMA agrees, otherwise they would have let him run barkbusters at PPIR like he wanted to.

Flame On,
    Crusty

5. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

There's a serious little hill crest right there. It feels like a lot more riding over it than what it looks like on TV.

6. AJ_371

AJ_371 Tom Thumb!!

I have heard of another kid other than Scruggs(but a friend of his) that can bunny hop a Mc Donald's cup on a TL1000S by doing a wheelie and smacking his hips up into the tank ...I didnt see it....but it makes sense to me now that I got to watch A-Dub do it frame by frame. At first I thought he had just timed the hill right back there with a little dump of the clutch...thats pretty easy to do...but no...he was about 5 feet (his back wheel) past the crest. Cold blooded!

7. GSXR123

GSXR123 expert

What's up AJ,
    Did you go to Mid-Ohio? It was a good time but guess who i
    ran into at the Road House after the race?
    Yes thats right, Mr. AA-ron. After me and some friends ate we
    were leaving when i noticed Yates's RV. Then Connie said
    that's him in the drivers seat . (guess he was waiting for food)
    Anyway i stopped to give him a thumbs up and he rolled down the window to talk. I asked him if he was O.K. and he said
    they had to sew his muscle back together and he showed
    me his arm. It was wrapped-up from the elbow up so i guess
    it was his tricep or bicep but i'm not sure and i didn't want to bug him with a bunch of questions.
    I can't believe he was driving the RV after his injury and more
    importanly he took the time to talk to me.
    He is, in my opinion, the coolest guy and the best racer to
    watch by far.:cool: :cool: :cool:

8. chris73

chris73 Well-Known Member

yates is the man!!!!

9. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I have gotta say- that was the most entertaining victory lap I have ever seen. Crossed up wheelies cresting the hills and in the short chutes, one-handers and bunny-hops... It makes burnouts look stupid.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

especialy his burnouts! :D