1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hit Air MLV-C Feedback

Discussion in 'Tech' started by badmoon692008, Nov 20, 2017.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Looking into getting an air vest for next year, and being as I'm a fat guy the only one that fits me is the MLV-C. Has anyone used this one before? Looking for feedback on how it fit/felt, and how you ran the tether on the front and if you had any issues with the front mounted tether or mobility with it on.

Thanks!

2. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's the one I'm using. Tied a rope around the stem area under the upper triple clamp and anchored the tether to it. I forget I have it on while I'm on the bike.

3. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I run one and have crashed 4 times in it last crash I finally wore a hole through it, won’t ride without one. I have mine secured to the trellis frames on my rc8’s and 390. All on the right side and never notice them, once you get then adjusted correctly the coil/ spring in the tether keeps itself out of the way and stretches when you need to move. It took 1/2 a track day session (10 minutes) for me not to notice I was wearing it.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Str8-Lurkin

Str8-Lurkin Well-Known Member

Won't ride without mine street or track. I have my tied to my subframe/battery tray between my legs. It was an adjustment at first but now it's not even an issue. Worth the investment, even though I have not deployed it. But it gives me peace of mind that I am doing everything I can to be safe while enjoying the sport!

Mine is tether from the front.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Destroyed my first one and walked away from a nasty high side. Bought another. Nuff said.