1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History of the police

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Eskimo, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Another Anarchist in education.....wonderful. Then we wonder how so many young "educated" adults are fucked in the head.

In fairness, I couldn't get beyond the title. :rolleyes:

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

We lack the society that was the reason for Community and public police... it’s not the same as it was when they were created and new ways of policing needs to be made or we are doomed.....

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

There was a time when there weren't police out west. Citizens took the law into their own hands... Now, extrapolate that to 330 million people of different colors, faiths, cultures, etc. and near instantaneous access to information (which they didn't have in the old west).

He sounds like someone who belongs in academia, because his notions do not work in the real world.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Shit. And kosher laws were created to keep the heebies safe from food-borne illness. Who knew?

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Any examples?

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Of course they were created as a control mechanism as were religion, government and laws. Who knew. I guess you can only get that kind of enlightenment in college.

Does he really think things like "Thou shall not kill" would have to be chiseled into a rock and carried down a mountain if some mother fuckers couldn't decipher on their own that it was wrong?

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is truly scary that he is allowed to teach people his craziness.

R Acree likes this.
  9. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Leagalize Maryjane...... :)

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's not a "new way of policing" that is getting rid of bullshit laws that never should have existed.

R Acree likes this.
  11. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA Right.....

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Huh? Where the heck do you live, they are deliciously legal here.

[​IMG]

:Poke:
    :D

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Smoke a bit less and you might realize that what is and is not legal is a legislative process not a police issue.

R Acree likes this.
  14. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

And Bernie and Hillary and Liarwatha want me to pay for him to teach this bullshit to kids?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think your friend needs to get fired and thrown out of academia and into the real world where there are no unicorns and pixies.

R Acree likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

WHAT?!?!?

Why the fuck didn't they get put on the endangered species list? :mad:

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

XFBO and sheepofblue like this.
  18. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

There's a reason I specified acquaintance.

19. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

Best response yet. :)

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The good professor is as full of shit as anyone that I've ever read. The creation of police depts. evolved just as society did. Where there's a need then something to fill that need will be created. Up until the early/mid eighteen hundreds the population was small enough that, as someone else suggested, the people themselves solved criminal actions. As the population grew, and crime became more prevalent, the people found that a permanent police force would be useful.

The fact that the police was needed in poor areas is simply because that's where most of the crime occurs. Both with victims, and perpetrators, of crime. Today, with modern transportation and other ways to move around, crime has spread to just about everywhere.

I have spoken. :beer: