1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high mileage? motors? sv650

Discussion in 'General' started by TD137, Aug 14, 2008.

1. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at a higher mileage SV and was wondering what's high but most importantly what does a SV motor usually cost?

2. paulco135

paulco135 Well-Known Member

i raced one last year that had 9k miles on it. no problems.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Mine currently has 13k street miles and 1.5 seasons with one 4 hour endurance race on it (6 hour is in 3 weeks). Its completely stock and a '03. We'll see just how long it lasts. :)

4. paulco135

damn, bet that 650r want do that:D

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

and the one you're racing this year has had the ever living piss raced out of it in its lifetime. :D

6. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

My SV engine had 19K on it when I started to race it. 1.5 seasons later, I figure it has a good 25K miles on it... runs strong... and it's an '03

7. paulco135

still running strong.:up: will it was til i destoryed the bike at cmp:down:

8. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Jesse's [313] junkyard dog hand-me-down ist gen SV650 has about 40,000 miles on it-half of them racing miles: he just podiumed with it at Jennings as his R6 is down...it doesn't smoke yet....

9. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

My trackbike is around 12k miles with no problems. I looked at an SV yesterday with over 40k miles and it ran really well on the street. However, it looked like it had been ran over by a bus and then dropped from a cliff. I wish I took a picture of it. The front tire was bald, threads showing, and had this wild ridge trough pattern running the circumference of the tire. How the hell???

I passed on it. Too much little stuff wrong with it. I could list fifty things but I'll just summarize by saying he was riding it with no front brake lever...nothing but air in front of the right grip.