1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-res MotoGP.com

Discussion in 'General' started by sln, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Max res will be 720 x 576, and that's in Euro pixels, so it's bigger than 2 x 2".

3. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

pass - not worth it IMO. I'll watch the small screen live if it's not too early in the AM, and I know I can always catch the full coverage if SpeedTV blows the feed...

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Those F&*ing bastards raised the hell out of the prices :eek:

2004 30 Euros
    2005 29 Euros
    2006 30 Euros
    2007 46 Euros for the standard package.

Nice 50 % increase in 1 year!

5. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

More than likely they're having to buy more bandwidth since the popularity has grown, and they had problems last year which they want to avoid.

Even at 46 Euro ... it's 2.20 Euro (less than $3) per event (19 rounds this year) ... that's pretty reasonable IMHO.

- Roach

6. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

If I could get the AMA on the computer I wouldn't have to get cable this summer - I'd just go with the streaming versions of them all. I don't watch a whole lot of TV so I cancel cable in the winter.

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

They had problems last year because they were cheap and didn't pay for enough bandwidth, they sold a product and then didn't deliver it. If they have more paying customers then they have more money to pay for more bandwidth. Maybe they operate in Bizarro World where bandwidth gets more expensive every year... as far as I know bandwidth gets cheaper and cheaper every year :rolleyes:

8. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I purchased the full season last year but did not get what I payed for, most importantly the last two races of the season. I can't remember that MotoGP even apologized or acknowledged the issue to customers. I inquired about a better deal this year because of last years crashes, the answer was a typical European "Tough Crap" sign up in 2007 it will be better! (what they said last year to)

I found out the results of the last to two races of the season last year by looking at the results, (in spite of the fact that I payed to watch the race in real time) I could have done that for free. :down:

I don't care how fast it is supposed to be or how big the window will be, I can tolerate and accept issues with a product if the company handles it decently but I won't reward them with my business again this year. I will watch it on Speed's GIANT window (for free) and if I can't I will just read the results (for free)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  9. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Um, are you just bad at math?

Each subscriber requires X bandwidth.X bandwidth costs $Y. Last year they didn't have enough bandwidth for the demand.

Adding subscribers means they need even more bandwidth, which they were already lacking at the current $:Subscription ratio.

So ... either they keep the same Subscriber:Bandwidth ratio as last year (when there wasn't enough), or they buy more bandwidth and charge more per subscription. They aren't in business to make friends, they're in business to make money.

And no, bandwidth is not significantly cheaper than it was 4 months ago.

Again ... $3 per event is pretty much dirt cheap IMHO.A 2 hour PPV movie will set you back more than they're charging, so it's pretty much in line (actually cheaper per hour) than other PPV entertainment..

- Roach

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$200? I'll watch it on Speeeeeeeeed.

11. Yamaha Fan

Out of curiosity do you have the opinion that $3.00 for nothing is also a good deal?

12. RTTakezo

RTTakezo Well-Known Member

1) It's not $200 (you've got pounds in your head); it's $130
    2) Read the small print. They are only broadcasting the actual MotoGP race in Large Res, all the rest of their broadcasting will be done in the normal 380x284
    3) Not worth it.
    4) My plan; go with the normal Premium. Watch live. If there are some barn burners, DVR' when SPEED finally broadcasts.

13. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

Excellant catch.

14. Yamaha Fan

My suggestion, buy it one race at a time WHEN (if) it crashes you can contest the charge on your card... if you buy the season and try to contest the charge it is more difficult to hold MGP accountable...

15. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

werd. I'd love to get my wife off the crack (television).

HD

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  16. jrock7896

jrock7896 Well-Known Member

I still think its worth it.... I downloaded a program that can save any streaming media even encrypted streams. So I pay the fee then download and save all of the races and I watch them when I travel on business and stuff.

17. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

first of all, i'm not entirely sure it was a bandwidth issue last year. while "everybody else" was having problems watching the windows media stream, i was blissfully entertained watching the real media stream. i think either their frontend server or windows media encoder server got overloaded.

secondly, you're not limited to a "2x2" screen. once you launch the video, right click on the video screen and click "watch fullscreen" (on the windows feed) or "watch in realplayer" (on the real stream).

18. jrock7896

btw a few folks asked via PM for the program I used to take the streaming media. Here it is...

The program cost me 30 bucks. You can try it for free for like the first 50mb of download. Its really easy to use. You just open the program, set it to auto mode then open the video and it starts saving it

http://www.exefind.com/wm-recorder-P18942.html

19. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

i have a free addon for firefox called videodownloader , try looking it up on the mozilla page.

20. jrock7896

Yeah but it wont steal encryted streaming meadi, only un-encrypted.