1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi. My names Dutch.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Dutch, May 22, 2001.

1. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I'm planning my relocation to a new city around race weekends. I accepted that new job based in part on the fact that it will get me closer to tracks I couldn't go to before. And I'm delaying my start date 2 weeks, to start on a Tuesday because that Monday is a track day, and I couldn't get vacation so early into the new job. Do I need help?

2. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

Go For It!
    I started a new job in Ga 2 years ago in January. They sent me on a trip to LA for a training class that was a 3 day course on Wed-Fri, then hang out over the weekend and go Mon-Wed the next week for more class.
    Well, the 3rd weekend of each month are club races at Willow. So, I called a friend and borrowed his F3. It was sporty, Carillo, Wiseco,Jordan Engineering motor,yeah a really good buddy. I raced there for the last 5 years & pitted with them, and had moved to Ga only 3 months earlier.
    On the first lap of the 650Superbike race (CSuperbike in wera_speak), the guy in front of me lost his right side lower right in the middle of turn 8 at speed. I was about 7-9 bike lengths back from him, and the bodywork turned flat in the wind and I punched right through it expecting to flinch and crash, but surprised myself and didn't even lose my drive or run wide. I came on around the track cautiously, and the old F3 was running strong, so I pressed on. I high-sided in the middle of 5, not knowing that water was coming out of a big hole in the rad. A piece of the lower had punched in and once I got around to turn 5 it was getting water on the back tire.
    I went to the class with cantaloupe knees, and took extra-strength advil for days.
    Everyone just kept telling me how it's one more example of karma, or 2 examples..
    1.Never borrow/loan a bike
    2.Racing on a business trip..phhhhtttt,I would do it again in a heartbeat! [​IMG]
    Joe

[This message has been edited by Comet117 (edited 05-22-2001).]

3. dave_432

dave_432 Well-Known Member

Good timing with the topic. My landlord went to my house today to fix something and found out it's a lot more like a workshop than a place somebody would live in. A side room/storage area looks like a race shop, the kitchen looks like a parts store, and the family room looks like a camping store.

He said I have a week to get all that shit out of the house, or I'm out. Well, looks like I'm moving...

4. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

She just wanted to see if you were weak [​IMG]

5. PACMAN

PACMAN Well-Known Member

Well, everyone wish me luck. It's that time. Two days of silence is long enough. I guess it's time to shit or get off the pot. The last conversation went something like this. "Your going to Putnam on Sunday? You just got back from Gingerman on Saturday!"
    "First race in June, as well as starting new job in July = ride as much as possible now"

"I don't know about all this!"
    "click"

Well It's time to make the call! I feel an ad in the paper coming. Wanted one pit slut! Must be able to keep lap times and make sandwiches. If lap times are off, it better be to the low end!

I'll update in few!

6. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

I should be offended, but all I can do is crack up at that post. [​IMG]

7. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Even better, buy a My-Chron and go to TFS Racings pit after the races.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Pacman, a man's man among men! [​IMG]

9. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

ROTFLMAO

10. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Why am I not surprised? [​IMG]

11. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Same here. And you guys complaining about women who don't understand the racing addiction amaze me... if she supports you, then great. But if she's asking you to give it up for her, move on. Tom's racing is a major part of his life and helps make him who he is. To ask him to give up racing would be asking him to completely change... "I love you, but I want you to be somebody else." I don't think so. And don't forget, I've been taking care of my gimpy one-armed wonder for three weeks now, and I STILL support his racing 110%. [​IMG]

12. PACMAN

PACMAN Well-Known Member

The verdict's in!!!!
    The anticipation is killing you isn't it???

Let me put it this way.

Anybody want to make me a sandwich at Gingerman???

Well, the home team comes out on bottom. I figured. I know you can't keep a good girl around when she thinks she's second place. In this case third. She swears my female german shepard comes in second. Just because she goes almost everywhere I do. I try to explain that I have several first places, just in different areas. Bikes, dogs, girls, they are all different categories. She wasn't buying it. So, here I am.
    Alone.
    Eating Pizza.
    Watching speedvision GP Racing.
    Petting my dog.
    What a Life!!!
    Holy shit what have I done, I got to call her back.(haha)

Well nothing lasts forever I assume. I think I'll go to the shed and lay on my bike. Good night.

13. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

TIW, I guess Tom's current status has not really affected his life much: with one good arm, he can still love himself. And he has you to crash his bikes now! [​IMG]

I slay me, I swear, I'm way too damn funny for my own good. Sorry about that: I coudn't resist.

14. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

My Ex said something once I found really amusing...

"You're gone EVERY weekend... blah blah blah"

I calmly replied, "No, I'm gone 14 out of 52, and if that's a problem, then we have a REAL problem".

I later upgraded to a better model which not only liked going to races, ended up getting her license this year [​IMG]

- Roach

15. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

Yeah dude, I've noticed the girls i'm with that don't like bikes don't typically last long. Use the bike to filter out the good ones from the bad...
    [​IMG]

16. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I bought my first bike on a girlfriend ultimatum: "if you buy one of these things, I'll leave you." I bought a V-Max. Unfortunately, she didn't leave me.

17. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

PACMAN, hang in there homie!! Go ride around the corner or something..!! You made the right choice, & just think you have all the time to ride now!! [​IMG] BTW...I'm a new rider (14 months), already raced, going to track days whenever possible, study tapes of me riding to see what mistakes I'm making, & read this BBS everyday. Problem...yup but I love it!!! [​IMG]

Nut

18. Duke Boy

Duke Boy Guest

TIW,
    I am in full agreement, as you well know. I wasn't about to give it up or change my attitude toward this sport and had to make "the old switch-a-rooni" for a more supportive SO. Of course it helps that she's hot, nutso, and wants to do it herself one day. TIW and Shelli and Audrey watch out! [​IMG]

19. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Had a g/f once ask me to make "the choice." It really wasn't difficult at all. It's not about whether a motorcycle, or racing, is more important than a personal relationship. It's about someone claiming to love you so much that they want to take away your passion. Actually, that's not love, that's insecurity. Fortunately Im lucky enough to have a woman in my life who realizes that it's my passion. She once told me that if I didn't have something in my life I was passionate about I would be miserable to be around. She's a keeper.

20. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

LMAO, I can definitely identify with just about all of what you guys are saying. I once had a guy say to me :"I think racing's interfering with our relationship." My response was "Not anymore it's not." That's pretty much the kiss of death as far as I'm concerned. Of course, that's got a lot to do with the reason I'm single too. Besides, I work my butt off at work, including a lot of weekends that I'm not at the track. I've earned the right to spend what little free time I have doing what I love, and if you don't enjoy it too, then there isn't much point. I'll make sandwiches if I have to, but I'd much rather work on the bike, and I prefer Pit B!tch. [​IMG]