1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HF Mini Mill - help

Discussion in 'General' started by pefrey, Jul 5, 2017.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I don't think I'd last 10 minutes trying to use one of those things. I know "its the man that makes the tool", but there are always limitations. Only one of us would make it out alive though.

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

One of the engineers here at work bought one on CAPEX to do small prototyping stuff. No offense to the OP but it's a piece of crap for what he paid for it. It's the Grizzly version but identical to the HF one. The DRO helps but it's pretty limited overall. Better than a drill press.
    I have an extra Bridgeport I might talk the company into leasing from me, heavier machine, larger work envelope but a piece of crap compared to what the full time machinist on the board use.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I remember when I had a vise, drill, hacksaw, files...determination and want to...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My first tool kit was vice grips, a claw hammer, and a flat blade screwdriver. Phillips heads I used the vice grips...

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

From the sounds of your RV and lawnmower repairs not much has changed. :Poke: :D

GrayGhost, HPPT, Britt and 1 other person like this.
  6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have lots more tools - the skills however are about the same :crackup: