1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Florida, learn me Vero to Boca

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, May 25, 2017.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

i'm looking at some changes that would require living in this corridor. My impression from the outside is it's hateful traffic, $1/2mil+ housing, meth and rampant stupidity.

Whats reality with a kid in school?

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Palm Beach County is really nice.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have not lived in Vero but I spend a lot of time there and have many friends who live there. There are some nice places to live in that area with reasonable prices. It's a lot of old people and it's almost weirdly quiet at night (I guess all the old people go to bed early). There are great boating options that would be attractive to me if I was moving there.

dieterly likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This being anywhere called coastal Florida.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

1/2 mill? Someonr better tell Royal Palm Beach that...lol. East of 95 is pricey but depending on where you commute from. Delray is nice. Boca is expensive.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Theres no room. None.

Signed Morty Seinfeld
    President Del Boca Vista Phase III

7. Dits

If I were to move there my first choice would be the ElCid area of West Palm. Second choice would be Northwood. It used to be the hood, but it's really up and coming with funky shops and restaurants. Cool 1920s houses that are still relatively affordable and a walk or bike ride to Celematis or the island.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I have lived in and still have a house in Sewall's Point off the coast from Stuart. I really dig the Jupiter to Jensen Beach area. Some affordable homes there (Look at the Sugar Hill neighborhood in Jensen Beach) Stuart has a nice downtown area, good for families and such, No high rise buildings! Not as congested. Hutchinson Island has some nice affordable stuff for being beach front.

baconologist likes this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

1000 people PER DAY moving to FL. Didn't know that figure was correct till recently. i thought it was 1000 per week..

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Kinda surprised that number isn't higher!

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I imagine that a rather large number of people move under Florida every day as well. That probably slows the overall population growth some.

Scotty87 and SteveThompson like this.
  13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

No wonder FL is running out of fresh water.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

that number would be higher except... GEORGIA SUCKS! :D lil neighborly State humor.

Real estate & construction is on another tear here! We are down to 5th place and lower subs...lol.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Stuart and Jupiter were our initial thought. Thanks for the confirmation.
    We'll look at the other sugestions too. Well, except Dits....only Broome has that kind of money

16. Dits

Hey, I'm not the guy who said Sewall's Point. Check that shit out on zillow... pricey indeed.

17. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Delray's nice, still reasonably affordable, nicely developed downtown. I've seen it grow but it has been pretty well controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Living in Jupiter for about ten years now. Beautiful area and a great mix of people. Not nearly as crowded and congested as Boca, Delray, etc. Yet. I am nowhere near rich and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Only downside is lack of interesting roads, but Moroso (PBIR) is only 20 minutes away.

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Been a while since I've been back, but I grew up in North Palm Beach and Vero. Vero was sleepy compared to NPB. They used to have a bunch of code restrictions on beachfront development. Want to say that no building could be over three or four stories, so there were only a very few that were built before the code went into effect.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

this is the big concern. water management is already pumping water from the center of the state south, and a bunch of small lakes dried up, or never returned to full height. it's kinda scary to think what will happen in 10 or 20 years !