1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

here ya go

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

No, but how does that make a wall better? More staff and better use of technology doesn't require those that own property to give it up for a wall nor does it harm those areas and prevent wildlife movement? And do you really think a wall is hard to defeat, especially when no one is around to prevent it?

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well, shit. It's going to be hard. Let's give up. :rolleyes:

3. Newsshooter

Who said give up, while a wall would probably be helpful in some areas I don't see it as a blanket solution. How long do you think it would it take to drill and attach steps to a steel wall? :D

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If walls don't work..then why isn't the Federal Reserve just a Roof and a few wall tarps??

Boarder Security...Is a PACKAGE, including Walls, Fences, Drones, People...I personally would add a High Voltage Electric Enhancement...just like in Jurassic Park.

5. Newsshooter

So how do you feel about taking private property without adequate compensation?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My income is not my property? You bitch a lot but offer no solutions.

Ian178 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Something tells me those private owners wouldn’t mind that fence at all.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

How do you feel about a hypothetical situation that has not happened yet?

hilarious.

Somebody needs to understand how border property owners feel about illegals. Trust me, it aint all warm and fuzzy when you find a cow taken or your water supply with feces in it.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

US border easement is 60 feet. Do you think the wall will be wider than 60 feet?

10. Newsshooter

So more staff and more use of technology isn't a solution? For some their property is their income.

Already been plenty of stories about people that live along the border that don't want to lose their property. How bout this one, there's plenty others. https://tucson.com/news/state-and-r...cle_3aff0a02-b0c1-11e6-bd7f-4fe7194c94be.html
    Do you live on the border in Tx or are you somewhere else and just speculating?

Plenty of people have received eminent domain notices. Try again Dix, it's happened, https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/21/feds-moving-forward-land-seizures-border-wall/ Here's a quote in case you don't want to go to the link

"However, an investigation last year by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune found that the federal government invoked a little-known Great Depression-era law that allowed it to swiftly seize land to build the barrier and compensate landowners later. Dozens of landowners whose property was taken for the barrier still haven't received compensation as lawsuits over the fair value of the seized land linger in court."

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A wall, once constructed requires significant effort to remove. Words on paper can be eliminated by an executive order. I'm OK with a combination as long as it isn't DC smoke and mirrors.

12. Newsshooter

Except that it isn't necessarily being built ON the border, it's often being built quite a ways from the border in some places more than a mile away.

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You do realize that your link cited no current land siezures or requests, uses unconfirmed leaks, and does not say, at all, that this has happened yet?

Am I reading it wrong?

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just over $18M in just over 2 weeks time ehhh? Not too bad but I don't think its gonna have the necessary momentum to keep at this pace.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually yes, but then you add in the wall has a access road next to it for patrol and catching those spotted coming over. You know kind of like the wall separating countries all over the world now. The wall is not a single point of focus merely and awesome tool in the pack of tools used by our border patrol. I would gladly settle for no wall and 100% stoppage of catch and release INCLUDING those claiming asylum with the addition of birth right citizenship be available only to someone born here with at least one parent having legal status (citizen or legal alien).

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How do you "Know", that land owners will not be Adequately Compensated??...and I am fairly certain many of those "Land Owners" would gladly allow and probably welcome The Wall/Slats/Fence on their property so as they don't have to deal with the issues of Illegals Trespassing .
    (Unless they are just stupid, and allow it to happen while being Compensated by Drug Lords and Human Traffickers) ..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    sheepofblue likes this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

How much land are you talking about as the goobermint has already appropriated the land for the wall in Texas?

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Trump should just declare the border as a National Monument and lock all the land up. Works for worthless dem Presidents.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hasn't that always been done with public lands in an effort to keep them public and prevent drilling/mining? This is private land they are discussing.

Eminent domain is the same level bullshit as civil asset forfeiture.... the lowest of the low.