1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a project

Discussion in 'General' started by g maloney, Feb 28, 2012.

1. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of making a few products for the suzuki gsxr1000 09 to present year.
    I need to borrow a bike (to disassemble and reassemble) for a short period of time (very soon) Reassembly will be as per manual specs, torques, etc (as new condition). Or just provide big parts only - engine, throttle bodies, airbox, tank, chassis. One or many loaners are ok with me. All parts needed are new or never bent. Just want it be known what type of wrenching will take place on loaned parts.
    I can offer anyone who helps some sort of rider support for as long as they race, ride, work on bikes, etc.
    I'm in mi (near grand rapids) - I will drive 5 hrs to pick up (one way) if needed
    Thanks in advance

2. g maloney

I did not mention I will not disassemble the engine. I just need it for overall size, etc.

3. ton

ton Arf!

Geoff, i'll post this on the WMRiders site and see if anybody local bites on this opportunity.

4. g maloney

Thanks! Any and all options are helpful

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Someone give Geoff a hand. All I could find were old-school GSXR's available. Arg..

6. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

You guys don't have an 'in' with any dealers nearby?

My brother (and brother-in-law) do similar R&D work on snowmobiles and pick-ups they have often worked through dealers to use their machine for a few weeks - as long as your not putting miles and wear and tear on the equipment, they are pretty willing to lend assistance.

Worth a try - good luck on your project and development.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't Riders Discount have one?

8. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Taylor has his 09/10 bike but is in the process of prepping it for Daytona.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah, totally forgot about the bikes being otherwise occupied. Stupid race season :D

10. g maloney

Bueler, bueler
    Don't need anything for long. Just around this weekend thru until Monday night. I need by early am monday at latest. Very fast turnaround on what I'm doing.
    No inside track, or special dealer helping on this one. (yet)
    Fantastic exposure for anyone looking for it - once this project gets underway.

11. g maloney

I have found one to meet my immediate deadlines. Thanks to everyone who looked or helped!