1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Trailer roof repair/replace advice...

Discussion in 'General' started by annie650, Apr 24, 2020.

1. annie650

annie650 Well-Known Member

Whew! One last question and then I'm done! I need to seal trailer floor. It's just plywood. Dream product would give me non-slip and water resistant/oil and gas resistant. Above all else, I'm trying to protect my trailer floor from deteriorating. Relatively high traffic, used weekly for business. Will get a little moisture on it at times. Product ideas? Was told bedliner would chip and scrape off and the guys at Sherwin Williams were less than helpful. This can't be that hard. I would think id be using some type of deck sealant product or something similar...

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

annie650 likes this.
  3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'd look at a linoleum type floor. I have it in my trailer (was that way when I bought it). Still in good condition 15-20 years later. Only issue is it can get slick if it gets wet. Could use that safety traction tape on top of it. Or maybe put cheap linoleum down, then carpet? Saves the floor, but you still have traction. Or an indoor/outdoor carpet. Just an idea.

Also, if the floor is plywood, I'd look at sealing it from the underside as well.

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That's kind of what I did. I put down a roll of the vinyl flooring like you'll find in apartment bathrooms, etc. Makes for easy cleaning and maintenance.

I also have a roll outdoor carpet for the floor. And I recently bought one of these floormats for under the canopy/parking the bike. Gonna by another to use inside the trailer too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/71-x-94-PV...mercial-Indoor-Outdoor-Use-Black/123909982582

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

if the floor is not stained with oil, fuel, or coolant too badly, you could clean it, and roll on 2-3 coats of herculiner. we used black, if i were to do it again, i would use gray. the black soaks up a lot of the light in the trailer.

i installed this when the trailer was new so, i had no oil issues. i did this the summer of 2008, we have had road bikes, track bikes, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, tractors, zero turns, spilled oil, gas, coolant, pop, alcohol, water, snow melting etc... other than a few wear areas from ski carbides on snowmobiles, no noticeable wear, peeling, etc... in 12 years.

if you go spray on, you dont deal with it BUT, you pay the higher cost. (think a truck bed costs anywhere from 450-700 dollars for spray on like lineX so, a trailer would be a lot more) the herculiner kits, are available at auto zone, advanced auto etc... and if i remember right, i bought 2 gallons, and put on 2 thick coats for 89.99 per gallon/kit. allowing each coat over night drying. the first coat on bare wood, will soak in to the point you get concerned the next coat will do the same. two coats look ok, three coats will turn out like a truck bed application, if that is what you are going for. Ski

TurboBlew likes this.