1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help this noobie install clip-ons (sv650)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by styles, Mar 31, 2005.

1. styles

styles The untrained eye

installing vortex clip ons which didnt seem complicated, but now i'm not sure which way they mount, lol

like exhibit A?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or exhibit B?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:Poke:

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

:D

you can mount them however they're comfy for you...but I'd start out trying "exhibit B" like the rest of us.

:beer: and welcome to the world of LW racing!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  3. Cuddles de Sade

where are you in NoVA?

4. styles

styles The untrained eye

Sweet, what's LW racing?

I'm out in South Riding, about 15 minutes west from Fast Lane Cycles.

5. styles

styles The untrained eye

Also, I figured 'exhibit B' was the right one, but DAG they are LOOOW. Was so low that I wasn't sure it was right. Thus, this thread was created.

:)

6. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

LW leight weight, the little sv's basically the fzrs and stuff like them run in there too, but its mostly sv now,

welcome to the madness!:)

7. Cuddles de Sade

I have a good friend who's in South Riding. I work in Sterling and live in Charles Town WV (shoulda stayed in NoVA...) there are a bunch of guys who run SV's in the area.

are you planning on racing your SV? or just trackdays and street? there's the upcoming WERA Sportsman races at Summit Point on April 16/17...(feel the power of the races pulling you?) come on out.

8. Cuddles de Sade

oh and plan on playing around with the position of your clip-ons...some people like them wide (think straight out) and some prefer more angled back. now that you don't have to deal with the silly stock bars, it's your choice!:D

9. Shingle Monkey

Shingle Monkey Schuck, Schuck

Nice PJ's:D

I put a set on backwards once...didnt even notice until I got to the track:rolleyes:

10. styles

styles The untrained eye

I'm selling my street R6, so I plan on doing track only with the SV this year. I'm really eager to learn more and better myself on the track. Probably take a school somewhere in the middle of all the track days.

If all goes well, we'll see about racing. :cool:

11. Cuddles de Sade

check out Aaron Stevenson's Cornerspeed School www.cornerspeed.net
    one of the better bang for your buck schools. good insructors and VIR is just AWESOME...especially on an SV. it was sooo cool when I was in his school to be passing folks on liter bikes...just railing past on the outside. fun fun.

there's a Roger Lyle day at Summit on 4/15...:D