1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helo ride at VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Mar 21, 2009.

1. zupatun

zupatun Well-Known Member

Mook,

Wishing you a speedy recovery, sucks to hear about you getting hurt. I think you rolled a whole rugby season into one afternoon...

I think I'll be in the Burg in about three weeks, don't know if you're up for a visit, but I'll have the munchkins in tow and Sam (who is two now) loved your "broom broom" at Summit last year, so she may want to say hi and give you a pep talk. Trying to hook up with Denny and maybe even Aaron Barry if we have time.

Don't worry about Andy, sounds like he's always trying to put stuff up his butt...is ass clepto a diagnosis? Come to think of it, I still can't find my kid's sippy cup...

Candee and I will say some prayers and call you when you're up to it.

Matt Roth and gang.

2. gkotlin

gkotlin Member

I met Scott for the first time at the bar party down at the Indy Dealer Show. He couldn't have been nicer and chatted with us for quite a while. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for both the riders involved. Get well soon!

3. goodmatt2002

goodmatt2002 Well-Known Member

I will post info when Scott is able to have visitors. For now there is a waiting list to see Scott but I believe it is limited to family only right now. All of Scotts home stuff (minus bills) has been taken care of, but I refuse to do his dirty laundry.lol His work was notified, and hopefully his bills will be in order sometime this week.

4. Devlin

Devlin New Member

Rugby

Hey Mook, the team's all thinking about you. I'll keep a cold beer on the sidelines for the old boy's game next month.

5. slacco

slacco Well-Known Member

Wow, I just learned of this!

I don't know any of the riders involved except for Scott, but my thoughts go out to all.

I do know this couldn't have happened to a tougher S.O.B.

Heal up quick Scott!

6. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

thanks for the update on the visitor situation, Matt. When it's allowed, I'd like to come down. Holla.

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery!:up: Let Garret know if you two need anything as I would like to help out!

8. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

I had no idea that it was Scott who was airlifted on Saturday. My prayers and wishes to the other rider and his family also. If there is anything that I could do please let me know. I met Scott several years ago at Nelson and we have always had a good repore. He has always made me feel good about my racing and has encouraged me not only as a racer but as a friend. We had a few laughs at Registration on Saturday. The first thing he did when I saw him was stand up give me a great handshake and made us feel so welcome. He never forgets your name. Even though we live so far away from each other he has always been a true friend. He always makes you feel good about yourself and welcomed. I'm truly crushed by this news. I wish Scott a speedy recovery and I would like to let his family know that he is in our hearts and prayers through this very difficult time. Please let us know if there is anything that we can help with. Heal up Scott.

Henry and Sandy Picco

WERA # 400 V6 D SBK

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  9. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Prayers sent for both of these guys. And for their families. Speedy recovery guys!

10. slclark65

slclark65 Well-Known Member

I am from Charlottesville and have a bunch of friends there. If Keith's family needs anything please let me know. I can hook them up with just about anything there.

Stacey

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Thanks for the updates. We appreiate any update posted, and if can send cards, flowers, beer post an addy.

12. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Rosey was in the back of my mind all weekend. We rode up on our pit bikes right after the crash and saw 2 of the 3 were in the need of help...scary scene for sure.

Best wishes to both racers on a full and speedy recovery.

13. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

Get well Keith, Can't wait to see you back out there, even if it does mean I am gonna have to battle for position with you!

14. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Just got in.....god i hate reading stuff like this. Get well Rosey! You're one tuff sum-bitch.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Both riders get well soon.

16. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Jackie, I live in York and just met Keith this past weekend. If you guys need anything let me know. Ive been through a broken neck so if he needs to talk to anyone about it let me know. My cell is always on 717 495 7265

17. goodmatt2002

goodmatt2002 Well-Known Member

I just spoke to Scotts Mom and Dad. Lets just say he is responsive and aware that his Dad is there along with some very attractive nurses!!!!!!! His Dad said when he told Scott he was there, Scott gave a thumbs up. The doctors are expecting to be able to fix his face during this surgery. Tomorrow he will undergo surgery to finish repairing his ankle and forearm!!!!!!!!!

18. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

awesome news!!! :up:

19. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

That Surgeon has his work cut out for him! Did anyone show him a pic? He doesn't have much to work with! :D

Thanks for the updates, Matt.

Keeping Scott in my thoughts, and hoping all these surguries go great.

Merle

20. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Thanks for the positive news!