1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by RossK6, Nov 19, 2011.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I use an AGV S-4 for trackdays that I intend to use for the racing school next season. It is stickered as "Certified to British Standard" and BS6658. Is this the same as BSI certification as called for in the 2011 rulebook?

Thanks!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Check the date of manufacturer. If it's coming up on 5 years, time to buy a new lid. If it's over the 5, time to buy a new helmet.

4. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Manufactured 11/2006 - looks like it sat on a shelf for 2 1/2 years. Rule book says it's time for a new lid. Now I have an item at the top of my Christmas list.

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

OK - I'm back like a bad rash... here's the rulebook...

"All WERA competitors must wear helmets which have a Snell ’00 thru '10 approval sticker, or must be BSI or EC approved ..."

I'm looking at a helmet that is stickered with "E2205" - is the the EC approval referenced in the rulebook?

6. Rusty848

Rusty848 Well-Known Member

I have helmet x- lite 802.date is ok 1/11,but there is no snell sticker,just
    E3 052521/P
    Can I use this helmet?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmm, no clue on either of those, email me and I'll do some research so we're all sure.