1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helmet headsets

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Jul 13, 2020.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

pre current gps routes, stuck as close to the lake all the way around as we could. I recommend going clockwise, saving minnesota's north shore, and ontarios shoreline, for last, and the best weather days if possible (cant stress that enough, dont ride those areas on poor weather days, you miss too much, just driving by). route is over 1400 miles. in ontario look for little picnic signs and stop at most of them, some have really neat hikes, and views. dont miss kakabeka falls and the terry fox memorial gardens, sleeping giant, ouimet canyon (nipigon bay area), aguasabon gorge (terrace bay), silver falls, high falls, sandy beach (wawa), old woman bay, katherine cove's bathtub on the black rock (can swim there if late in the season), sand river falls, agawa bay pictographs, make sure to take the road to the boat launch at sinclair cove, at the pictograph park. Chippewa falls, etc... we have a place just 18 miles on a road to nowhere off hwy 17 north of Wawa, (Dubreuilville) the road to town is scenic, and new 2 years ago, nice and twisty. the hotel in town (magpie relais) offers 20% off, if you show up on a bike. we know the owners personally, good people. obviously, with the Rona, the border is closed so... maybe next year. :( Ski

eppy01f4i likes this.
  2. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks Ski!!

skidooboy likes this.
  3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

You want a com system with crash detection and SOS alert? Look at the UClear Motion Infinity X. Blown away with the tech on this one! As well, the app support is top notch for any firmware updates as well as a useful equalizer to get the sound you want.

4. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

SOS alert is a really good idea. my new MTB helmet has that in it. I never heard of this brand so I will check them out. Thanks

5. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Been looking at the Cardo and Senna models, but there are lots of choices out there. Planning a dual sport ride in the San Juans this summer and I thought it would be nice to be able to communicate bike to bike. Not something I’d use a lot so I don’t want to spend $600 on a pair. Any suggestions? Sennas site kind of sucks for comparing all their different models and getting pricing.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Cardo set kinda sux. It auto turns off after about 15 seconds to save battery. You have to yell for at least a minute to get it to turn back on. I've grown to hate VOA and wish I had the old push to talk on the old chatterboxes.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Sena 20S for the win! Ski

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

all the guys I ride with (dual sport) are running Cardo Packtalk Bolds w JBL speakers. We can tie together like 10+ of us on a big ride. It's pretty simple and I can pair up with others I meet to ride with in about 2 minutes if that. Their mesh system allows us to talk spread out quite a ways (as long as there's the chain and not a lone rider way back).

I've run most of the systems over the years (autocom, Sena, Cardo) and the Cardo is the best I've used so far, but also the best option is to use the same system your friends are using. We have all converted to Packtalks.