1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELD RACE EVO 56/54 BLACK/WHITE

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by motorkas, Mar 12, 2016.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

HELD RACE EVO SUIT. . .56/46

Never crashed in - worn for less than 20 sessions (about 4-5 hrs on track). Comes with all the armor in the video (ribs, hips integrated back protector). . .also comes with a Forcefield Sub4 insert that I cut to match the supplied back protector (currently in the suit now).

Great suit - only flaw is the right knee external armor is ground a little from the first time I rode in it - the way the suit fit, it hit the ground instead of the slider. . .once I realized that, I just moved the sliders up and no more grounding for me.

Had Lizzy Leathers tuck in the neoprene cuff - no modifications to the length or width of the suit. . .

New 2000.00
    900.00 (shipping not included)
    CR's 850.00 (shipping not included)
    Active or Retired Military 800.00 (shipping included)

Paypal as a friend or please pay the fees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paint from the trailer (not the ground)

[​IMG]

The right knee

[​IMG]

Actual pic of when it happened. . .

[​IMG]

sdiver and Phl218 like this.
  2. Angryj

Angryj Member

Curious on sizing with this suit. I currently run a Dainese size 56. Comparable?
    Nice suit!

3. motorkas

Funny, just going through this as we speak (My Dainese suit arrived yesterday). . .I'm 5'9" (verified by the doctor - not inflated) 190 pounds - athletic build. Based on all my info, the guys at STG recommended a 54 Dainese for me. They said it's a "race fit" but HOLY SH!T is it tight (like can't stand up straight, can't bring my arms down to the side tight - granted it's not broken in yet but still it's almost painful when walking around. . .that being said - on the bike it's PERFECT). I put the Held Suit on afterwards and felt like I was swimming in it by comparison (obviously a lot of this is based on going from one extreme to the other as the Held suit while not ridden in a lot, I would say is broken in and one side bigger). I also think having an integrated Back protector vs wearing one frees up a lot of room in the suit.

The really interesting thing is when I put it on in Feb (Jennings) it felt tight to me (same weight) and after having the Dainese on for 30 mines it felt like it was way loose. I don't know how much of that is perception vs reality so what I'll do is when I get home I'll take pictures of me in the two suits for reference so you can see where it's tight and loose. I'll also try to up load a couple more pics of me on the bike with it so you can see it from different angles and how it fits on my frame on the bike.

Sorry I couldn't give more of a definitive answer but this whole process of different suits/sizes has taught how subjective this all can be.

4. motorkas

Dainese size 54 (new, not broken in wearing a Forcefield Sub4 and Pilot full chest/rib protector)

[​IMG]

Held size 56 (integrated Sub4 back protector, Knox chest/rib protector)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Different angels on the bike (lightened up the pics so the suit could be seen)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Angryj

Angryj Member

Interesting. They both seem to fit well. It's clear the Dainese needs some wear to get broken in but the Held looks like it fits well. Sizing is difficult for us here in the US I think. For instance, I know I wear a 56, but according to size charts I should be 54. If you do any kind of weight training it upsets the balance. I also have a 2 piece Dainese suit. The jacket is a 56. fits perfect in the chest, a little tight in the arms and very loose in the waist. The pants? I swim. Huge. If you look at this chart you can see what I am talking about.
    [​IMG]
    So, I have a 46" chest. But, I am 5'10" and 205lbs. A 56 is for someone who is 6'2" but the weight is close. I also have @34"waist so that puts me into a 52!
    Sucks. I keep trying to find an off the rack suit that will fit right and it doesn't look like it's going to work. And as much as I love riding I will not be slimming down to a horse jockey to fit into a suit.. oh well.

6. motorkas

I hear ya. . .have the same dilemma (and it's only compounded by adding armor underneath). Personally, I think based upon what you told me - the upper portion of the Held would be more than fine but the legs would more than likely be loose (I'm a 42 chest but have to get 43/44 suits and have them tailored down for my back and shoulders - that chest protector I'm wearing is probably the thickest one you can wear and easily adds 3 plus inches to my chest circumference). . .my legs are on the bigger side so filling up both suits aren't a problem (unless I want to wear hip and thigh armor - and I had a Custom Pilot suit made to accommodate all that 4 years ago) - but with all the advancements in integrated armor, that's why I bought this new suit - eliminates the need to wear shorts since it has hip armor in the suit (and of course the airbag). I'd be curious if you put on armored shorts how that would change the fit of your 56 bottoms. . .may help fill the room. If you were in the DC metro area, that would make it easier because I'd just let you try it on. . .:)

7. Angryj

Angryj Member

The curse of chicken legs!
    Good idea on the shorts. Have to try that out. I like that suit you have. If it fit me correctly you would probably have paypal!

8. motorkas

Definitely do - never hurts to have added armor - especially when you have the room for it in your suit!!!! I totally get it - hardest thing about buying suits:)

9. motorkas

Clarification: shipping included is the lower 48:)

10. motorkas

Sold................