1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy duty Tire Rack / Shelves

Discussion in 'Other' started by D-Swens, Oct 29, 2018.

1. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

I have a heavy duty adjustable metal tire rack shelving system. This was the retail display shelving for a large motorcycle dealership. I have been using it to store boxes recently, but the shelving systems are designed and beveled to perfectly hold tires.

It was holding dozens of sets of 15 - 20" motorcycle tires, fronts and rears of all widths, so I know it works great for that. Looks like it should be universal for car tires too:

I have a whole 3rd tower that goes with this setup you see pictured, and many more crossbars as well, I just wasn't using them all.

This set-up was just under $1000 when new, with all of the extra parts and features:

I linked to a similar new set-up, that you can see is $250 just for one small tower (the towers I have are twice that tall, and we have 3x as many):

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/...5SnE2YKtHjO51ua32oYXcEwtodHAQ8CRoC-4IQAvD_BwE

Asking $200 for all 3 towers. You can split them with 3 friends if you want, and all have an awesome garage / shop setup for really cheap.

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Location? edit: Just checked the profile... still Richmond VA?

3. D-Swens

Yes, still in Richmond VA.

4. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Road trip Phil

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Heck no. Just got back from ikea. No wanna be on the road the next few weeks

6. D-Swens

Still have these... looking to play "lets make a deal". They do click together, and disassemble to just poles rather quickly, so all can easily be transported in the back of a pickup truck, or easily on a roof rack

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I would like to take these off your hands but Richmond is just a bit too for me to drive right now. I'm near Pittsburgh. I have friends down that way and will see if I can work something out. Do you travel up around DC often?

8. D-Swens

I'm not planning any travel ( at least with my truck) in the next few months... lemme know though

9. D-Swens

Just to make life easy, I took it all apart and wanted to post some pics so you know how it will travel. It takes up no room at all. Could easily fit on the roof rack of a car or SUV, and obviously takes no space in the bed of a truck or trailer.

Down to $150 for everything.
    I have 12 vertical pieces ( roughly 8.5 - 9' tall ea, but can easily be cut)
    15 horizontal connectors ( roughly 5' wide ea)

You can make 3 separate towers with 5 rows across, or link together and make 4 or 5 towers of 3 - 4 rows each.
    Also easy to add plywood anywere wanted and make it a shelf.
    12 side supports[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. D-Swens

sold, thanks