1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

heat shield and graphics

Discussion in 'Tech' started by craigcoble2000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. craigcoble2000

craigcoble2000 Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't wrap titanium piping, you'll accelerate the metal degradation. If the pipes are close to the lower fairings them consider that adhesive backed heat reflecting tape stuff.

3. craigcoble2000

Did not know that about titanium.....thanks.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

SS is a little bit more resilient to breaking down from wrapping than Ti, but I wouldn't wrap either. If it really became necessary I'd get it like Jet Hot coated or something similar.

5. craigcoble2000

SP thanks for the info.....
    Regarding "wraps" I meant the kind that you put around your race fairings instead of painting it.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

http://designstar3.com

They've done all of our trailers, race bikes and anything else we needed (signs, shirts, etc.) for years.

Attached Files:

8. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I think what he is saying is, if he uses a wrap on his lower fairings will he need a heat shield between the exhaust and the lower fairings.

My answer to that is yes use the stick on stuff that is about 3/16 thick stick it on the lower fairing not the exhaust. I've had paint ruined by close exhausts so wrap would be ruined.

9. craigcoble2000

no metric Mike hit the nail on the head. Trying to find if its worth to use a wrap on the race fairings versus painting

10. metricdevilmoto

We still paint ours as a base. The wrap will stick to primer bodywork, but not as well. We have our painter do white uppers, tails and tanks and black lowers then give the DS3 guys the parts to do their thing.

11. craigcoble2000

what does something like that cost....yes I know it depends on the colors and details. Just a ballpark figure.

12. metricdevilmoto

Call or email them and get a quote.