1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Header nuts- safety wiring

Discussion in 'Tech' started by GSXRPILOT, Jan 15, 2004.

1. GSXRPILOT

GSXRPILOT Well-Known Member

Where can I get tab washers to safety wire the header nuts on my R6???? :confused:

2. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Hey man,
    If Im not mistaken the new rules dont say you have to safety wire you headers for WERA anymore. Thats if your running WERA. If not check out LP or 1888fastlap.com.

Mongo can you confirm?

3. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

what!!! this after I freaking drilled every header bolt on every bike I own??? sheeeeshhhhh

4. GSXRPILOT

GSXRPILOT Well-Known Member

Yeah..

...Doesn't say they must be in the rules. Must've changed them recently. That's Great!!:clap:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Changed for 2004.

6. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a test later ??

7. GixxerJohn

GixxerJohn Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....I just spent the day drilling and wiring!! This included the header bolts!

Actually, let me give credit where credit is due, I did the drilling, and "Slow Rider" did my wiring.

For those that don't know, this will be my first season. Wife left a few months ago, gives me extra money, time, and I don't have to beg for permission to go to the track! :) So I wanted to fully prep the bike BEFORE I get told by tech that I'm not worthy!

Ahh well, better safe than sorry, can't have TOO much Safety wire!

-John (The new Token back-marker in Novice)

8. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

so when my headers full off the bike, dont blame me :D

goodthing I did the drilling though, 2 of the nuts were loose...

Hey mongo you ever going to write me back?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Soona s I have an answer :) Should be tomorrow.

10. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

hmmm...I keep going to the track (Motorcycle track that is) to try and get my wife to leave. She's still there everytime I get home tho :eek: (in case she ever sees this: Honey I'm just kidding :D)

This is great news regarding the header bolts...I didn't drill them cause I pay attention to the BBS sometimes! :up:

MONGO: I assume all the springs will still have to be wired on exhausts right?? (I know...Im too lazy to RTFRB!)

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We dropped the spring requirement a bunch of years ago.

12. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Huh? I got dinged on that one in the NC Region (I think) last year. Not 100% sure though. I wonder if Sublett knows this??

Anyhow, you just saved me hours of fishing wires through tiny little openings in header springs! :up:

Sean "PUFFY" Clarke is da man! :D