1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"He who can not be named" effects race results of todays race at Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by DavieStone, Jul 18, 2009.

1. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

I was expecting a drop kick on he who has been named too much already. How awesome would that have been? Whats his face giving a statement about how he did the right thing when a set of boots come flying into his chest from off camera!! Bam!!! Dropkick Yates strikes again!!!! :D

2. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

Is there any video out on the interwebs of JRP holding them up? I don't get Speed (thank god) and didn't see him doing anything wrong from my vantage point in T6, but I'd like to see the whole story.

At any rate (and having seen only a part of the race, from where I sat) there certainly seem to be valid arguments in his defense. Like if a rider is fast enough to lap another rider in 15 laps, certainly the former should have no problem passing the latter, provided the slower rider is riding predictably.

Also, regarding the "pull off the line" line of reasoning, I think it may be somewhat difficult to do that at many points at Mid-Ohio, since the racing line goes to both sides of the track with alarming regularity. The only places one could be off the line for an appreciable amount of time, say, long enough for a pack of 5-6 riders to go through, would be the back straight (except for that pesky kink) or the front straight (which is pretty short). I watched a rider come to nearly a complete stop at the entrance of T6 to let the lead pack by, and thought to myself that it was far more dangerous than if he had simply kept his pace and his line, and allowed the leaders to stream past him at their leisure.

One other thing... Passing lapped traffic is a part of just about every type of closed-circuit racing on earth. For the DMG dummies to penalize (so heavily) one rider because a couple of the "A-Team" riders had trouble doing so is pretty silly, IMO.

3. caferace

caferace No.

Indeed, and every major series has passing flags and rules on how they should be obeyed.

But you knew that already?

-jim

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

the first part he held people up this looked to be the case but when it opened up...he kept it up.

5. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

^ And that's why I'd like to see some footage, because I don't have the whole story.

6. Stogie

Stogie Banned

Who's the fat ass in the red suit? How anyone could support JRP here baffles me! You see the pole sitter come by and hold your line???? Get the fuck out of the way! Pridmore was nice about it but said the same thing. How could anyone doubt that Yates would have made a pass and JRP affected the outcome of the race?

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Say what you want, but JRP's autograph line was the longest in the paddock on Sunday. We were walking through and were thought, WTH? And then realized what was going on.

Some crew guys from another team told us later that night, that he does this pretty regularly. I don't know if that's true or false, but if it is true, then you have to agree with the penalty.

8. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  9. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Nice way to embarrass your friend on national tv.

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Absolutely cool. Guy goes on TV, has a little fun with his homosexual buddy, shows off his cute daughter, and promotes superbike racing. Good for you, JRP.

This has nothing to do with his penalty, I haven't seen the race yet.

11. random hero

random hero Banned

Holy shit JRP is a fucking TOOL! What an idiot... HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUYS GAY (watch my reality show, watch my reality show) GTFO JRP!!!!!!!!!!

12. random hero

random hero Banned

you really think a goober in affliction wanna-be shirts on tv pimping his reality show is good for sbk racing:confused:

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

its better for sbk racing than....

the racing org that runs it.
    the manufacturers that squabble over it.
    drop kicking "stars" who race in it.
    a mega star who does not want to race if he is not winning.
    another mega star who goes all kentucky in front of the world stage.
    a flexible rule book.

should I do on.

I dont dig JRP's schpeil but he is not hurting anybody.

And FWIW, Yates would not have won anyway.

14. random hero

random hero Banned

Out of curiosity did JRP have any success or win's on the club racing level?

15. Strick

Strick Good to be king

What I find the funniest of all is that all you asshats that bash a guy for promoting himself and the sport are so quick to say "gee it is great to see the sport get exposure" when some pictures from CMP make the local paper. Both are good and maybe if some of the other prima donnas in the paddock would put in the effort JRP does at promotion the sport would get a lot more exposure.

Just think how much you guys would be swinging from JRP's pubes if he posted on the beeb all the time or raced at your regional races and beat you and your heroes. He would be a god among men on the beeb.

16. Maybe you could explain what it's like to swing from his pubes? Wait...please don't.:Poke::D

17. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

He's getting bashed for riding like a P/N, from what I can see here.

If we're lucky, Stone will let us know all about it. :crackup:

18. random hero

random hero Banned

Exactly... if all the if's/but's/would's were true, sure it'd be cool.. BUT the guy if a goof ball, brings the "DUB BALLIN" lifestyle to the track, and in reality the guy has done zero in pro racing, besides crashing on the warm-up lap this year, and now blocking people and getting some camera time out of it. I'll hang from Josh Hayes pubes all day, but JRP is another story.

I have my regional guys that beat JRP, sure I think they're cool guys, but the also don't bring the odd-LOOK AT ME/I'M RICH BITCH persona to the track. I respect my local guys who show up, win and don't expect to be the rockstar of the weekend a whole lot more than this clown riding like a provisional novice and begging for camera time.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

while very simple, i dont think getting out of the way is an exact science, make the wrong choice move the wrong way and you could be more of a blocker, or worse. also isnt there some marbles out of the racing line, it would suck to move over off the racing line and go down? it does look like he could have moved over a little sooner or made an attempt though.

however when you race you follow the rules and abide by decisions made by the governing body, while you may not agree with it, if they say you did wrong, you follow the rules

20. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

What does it all mean if he is consistently having problems getting out of the way?