1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have Americans gotten fed up

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by atspeed, Jan 26, 2012.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Who rides a bicycle while carrying? :confused:

3. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I'd rather see a non-criminal attitude, but if that ain't gonna happen . . .

4. codzilla

codzilla Well-Known Member

Happens all the time, you just don't hear about when guns are used for good.

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

MTB riders do depending on the area. If I lived in mountain lion country I definitely would.

I pretty much assume anyone still wearing a fanny pack is carrying. :crackup:

6. MGarrett50

Shhhh !! :tut:

:D

7. Murcielago311

Murcielago311 Well-Known Member

Anyone who has been a victim before, is definitely fed up, and willing to do what you have to to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd be willing to bet he was carrying while biking because something happened to him in the past at a time/place when least expected and he probably carries 24/7 after.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Good on him. He needs to hit the range though he only killed one of them.

9. MGarrett50

There's just no pleasing you, is there ?? :D

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ummmm......Uhhhhh. Maybe.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What are you offerin' him?

12. Lawn Dart

Yeah, I guess I've never biked in a area where I thought I might need to carry... This thread and a couple of others reminds me that I really need to get my TN handgun carry permit.

13. Murcielago311

I don't want to sound preachy, but shit like this can/will happen ANYWHERE, and that's how you should think about it. Criminals will leave their ghettos in a stolen car and go to a rich suburban area to point their stolen gun at you in broad daylight. Trust me on this one. Situational awareness my friend. And yes, get your carry :D

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've been intending to get my carry permit for a few years now but never have. Part of me thinks it would be less hassle (and cheaper) to just hand over my wallet than it would be to shoot the guy robbing me and then have to spend $100k defending myself from criminal or civil liability.

I know that argument doesn't stand against getting murdered but there aren't too many random murders and I'm not one to put myself in a situation that would result in a non-random murder.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who doesn't carry while riding a bicycle? Hell, I'd take one with the few time I rode my MTB for snakes if nothing else.

16. Murcielago311

True. If the perp stops at gimme your wallet. Which most of the time, they probably will. But you don't have that knowledge until after its all over. Personally, I'll take the offense on that exchange rather than play the odds.

17. Lawn Dart

LOL... Snakes are faster than you on a bicycle? :D

I get the point... Its true... It could happen anywhere at any time. I own a gun, primarily in case someone breaks into the house. I don't really ever carry it around with me though.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Tain't no big thing. Goobernor Perry carries a magnum when he jogs to keep the coyotes off him an' his dog.

19. Lawn Dart

Yeah, I did everything to get my permit in Virginia, then I decided to move and waited. Then I got here and realized the requirements are different and I've been putting it off. I'm going to get it done soon.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How soon before we'll need to be carrying in the pits?

.......or am I already late to the game?