1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone every bought from this RFairbairn guy!

Discussion in 'General' started by hcr25, Apr 8, 2009.

1. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

So I posted looking for a 08 gsxr 600/750 subframe. This RFairbairn guy says he has a couple. I pay pal him the amount he wanted. A few days go by and the box arrives. I open the box and guess what! The subframe is perfect. I dont have a single thing to complain about.

I thought with all these posts about people getting ripped off it would be nice to have one where everything is as described.

Thanks Rick!

Mike

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah he sucks :D

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

He probably doesn't even remember this, but years ago I bought some brake part...I think it was a front m/c. The box arrived and there were 2 in there with a note..."I wasn't sure which one you needed, so here's one of each."

We really need a place to complain about people like this guy.

4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Thats so F'ed up. Can't a guy be like everyone else.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

not to jump on the bandwagon, but he's as straight up and nice a guy as anyone on the board.

plus he was a hella fast racer before he hung it up. :D

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I heard from my brother's best friend's girlfriend, that her uncle's neighbor knew a guy who said he kicked a dog once. :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He sunk my battleship! but said please first and then thank you.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Rick steals Easter candy from little kids.

9. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that Faribairn guy. I tell ya. I The most UNUSUAL stuff from that dude!! I got stories that'll raise the hair on your head...
    The first ever weekend i ever raced a motorcycle, he was pitted with one of my buds up at Loudon. It was 94 (ninety four). I was a total noob & needed & tiny bit of brake fluid. Nobody had any, but wouldn't you know it, Rick did. That sonofabitch was gracious & let me use some, even though i didn't know him nor did he know me. The NERVE!
    He moved down south right after that & I never saw or heard from him again.
    Then, i found him on the BBS about a year ago. I casually mentioned how badly my 04 750 brakes were fading. The guy must've answered 20 emails from me & got me straitened right out!!
    Even that Wills Rim repair guy says Rick is as straight a shooter as they come!
    Some people....
    SO Frustrating!!
    What can you do?
    Better luck next time...
    :)

10. infidel_6

infidel_6 Resident Atheist

Rick's a straight up guy. He lived in Columbia years ago before he moved up towards Greenville/Simpsonville. He's a good guy to deal with.

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Yes I have and I am local to him now. His parts are top notch, almost new. He doesnt deal with junk.....You cant go wrong:beer:

12. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Hey thanks all! Someone told me about this so I had to look it up :)

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Spent $100000'z with the man! He is honest and fast and always under estimates the true quality of the product:up:

14. goodmatt2002

goodmatt2002 Well-Known Member

The nerve of this guy! I bought parts and got the best deals I could ask for! Thanks!!!!:up:

15. MX121

MX121 Well-Known Member

This guy gave me a great deal, great communication, fast shipping w/ tracking, and excellent parts. Thanks!! :bow:

16. boomboom929

boomboom929 Largely unsupervised

I got a papercut from a box he sent me :shrug: