1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Lift

Discussion in 'General' started by Muz720, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

My Harbor Freight table lift has shit the bed (Well the hydraulic piston has) Anyway figured some one on here would have had the same issue and could recommend a proper fix and or where to find a replacement that will last more then a year.... what ya get for buying cheap...
    Thanks

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

What's exactly wrong with the cylinder?

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I thought they sold replacement piston assemblies. No?

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Seal kit maybe.

5. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

What's exactly wrong is unknown.... it will not pump up and yes there is fluid. Not looking for another cheap assembly either.. but if that's my only chose so be it.. and it does not leak so I think its not a seal kit but again until I take it off and look there is no knowing , Unfortunately for me, its stuck against the safety bar with my race bike on it.. was just hoping someone had run into this issue before and had a fix handy..

6. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

If the seal kit replaces the seal on the small pump piston it could still be the seal kit.

I would bet it has something to do with the valve not sealing, if you pump it does it go up slightly then back down when you let off the pump. If so the check valve is stuck. Basically the pushed in pressure is not staying in the cylinder.

Harbor Frieght has always been good about taking stuff back call them.

7. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

From your description, it's probably a bad seal on the pump. HF sells parts for it, although I'm not sure how long it takes to get parts shipped. Since it's locked up on the safety bar, take the pump/cylinder out, take it apart and fix it. The seals can probably be replaced by some from a hydraulic supply house (or a local auto parts store), just take the old one in for sizing.

If you're worried about doing that with your bike on the stand, use your trailer ramp and get it down.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

The fix is a Handy Style Lift......:up:

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

That is what I had to do to mine. Went to the local hardware store and found some seals that worked.

10. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help and information... I will geter done...

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Northern tool sells decent slaves. Retro'd one from there on my Kendon. Air/hydraulic too!

12. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel