1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Black Friday Flyer

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

their inverter models are only minimally louder than the honders

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

How dare you let facts get in the way of a marginally funny meme

BigBird likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

upload_2020-10-30_18-7-53.png

spoon32 likes this.
  4. rwdfun

rwdfun

Just an FYI I was looking through the coupon book and it shows an extra 10% off no exclusions if you open a HF credit card.

That would make the 3500 $611 + tax

5. If you want an extra credit card on your credit, there are hidden costs with getting credit cards like your credit score. I don’t finance much and no CC debt but I had a back up to my corporate card with a $25k limit, no balance in it and when I dropped that to 10k with no other changes it bumped my score 15 points. That could be a big impact if getting something like a mortgage. Food for thought.

6. HF to me has always been for little stuff like gloves, tie downs, tarps, sanding disks, etc but have to say those predator generators have really impressed me. Next time to go down to 449 each I’m buying a couple of 2k ones and will link them as needed. I have enough capacitors around and enough stuff to make a bigger fuel system in case i need them for a long power outage. I may also buy a cheap loud one for a totally off chance need. Crazy because right now some people have been without power long enough for all their freezer to melt and meat go bad, one buddy who has my Honda genny just got a half a cow a week ago that’s in his freezer, processed of course as putting a half a cow in cut down the middle would be a bit odd. Think it was give or take $1700 for all that meat as it’s some organic bs because of his wife. That little genny paid for itself even close to Honda retail just with his fridge and freezer. I’ve got a huge stand up freezer coming from work and have a cow being raised right now. I’m donating some of the ground stuff and only keeping some for burgers and extra lean to cook for tacos, chili etc. I get a lot of the fat and scraps packaged and cut up and I make coyote-sickles with them for bait. Works awesome for a nice time releases funky smell. My genny at home will either need to be refurbished or replaced as they let it sit and water got into the air intake somehow. It runs but has no compression to speak of. Good thing is I made a plug to plug into that and the big cost is wiring the house which is already done.

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

That's basically my plan. Just picked up the 2000 inverter for the track and such, and am planning on getting a 9000 for a house backup. Only issue with that is getting enough gas in an emergency.

8. I always have at least one full 5 gal of non eth regular on hand plus what ever is left in the other 5 gal can. Then min 10 gal but usually much more in the boat. Plus worst case I usually keep over 1/2 tank in my Jeep in case I head off road on a whim
    So I can easily grab gas there. Then even more worse case could go to the airport and get gas out of my neighbors plane :)

BigBird likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

I was happy to run my loudass genny (far out in the yard behind a board) and a 200 ft cord to the house. Chest freezer holds the meat for the dog and ours, always good to set that to the coldest setting just to be safe.

i have everything here for the house tie-in, will serve dual purpose: 30A plug for the camper when needed, genny feed for outages...

10. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Man O' Man....
    I just don't know if I could by anyting of substantial cost at harbor freight.
    Virtually everything I have ever bought there has broken.
    I bought an air compressor and nail gun and a couple of other things over the years.
    I don't know ? they've all broken.
    Some things are better than others an astute eye for people familiar with tools will see.
    I realize they have been adding what appears to be nicer (looking)....latley the generators do look good, the welders look good however God help you if any of these things break because you can't easily obtain parts for them I was looking at the Vulcan welders and a repair shop advised me don't do it ! don't do it !
    You won't ever be able to get parts for it..
    I don't hate China and I don't hate Chinese people, I just hate the piss poor quality of Chinese products and predominantly the fact that America sold out, sold out their citizens , hung small factories mom and pop businesses out to dry, and now were forced to buy this shit.
    no shit I was in there last week and refused to buy a flag as it was made in China so I bought the upgraded American flag for four times more money and then I bought a flagpole the fucking flagpole lasted four days until the winds snapped it in half....Made in China.
    Same ultra thin walled pot metal like brooms we've all used from the 99 cent store
    I'm on a nade in the USA kick,I think it's going to last for quite a while.
    exception is my motorcycles.... Then they're all Made in Japan back in the day.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have yet to kill that $9.99 angle grinder after 9 years of abuse

what have failed on me were the tin snips (on stainless steel)- replaced by WISS; and the hammer drill (with hole saw into solid concrete)- replaced by Bosch . Immediately.
    But every time, still worth a shot.

BigBird likes this.
  12. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I went in this morning and got a 44" top box, air hose reel for my trailer and a couple utility carts for my business. Thought I'd be smart and get there right after they opened. The place was already super busy.

Joined their Inside Track Club online before I went because you get an extra $10 gift card if you do it online. $29.99 membership saved me a little over $100.

Won't actually get my box till the end of November, which I figured they'd be out. A lot of the tools I take to the race track are HF. They've gotten to where their quality is good enough but still not a big deal if they get lost.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too funny, almost pulled the trigger on a 3500 yesterday but going to wait and see if they do any better for BF, also wanted to a bit more research on the predators.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Everyone shopping for harbor freight shit, your mommas a hoe.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

interesting...very interesting Watson.

Their Icon torque wrenches are still more accurate than Snap-On and Matco :Poke:

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

I already have a 3500 so I went and got a 3 ton low profile jack. I had the 15% but my cashier had a stack of 20% coupons he was using for anyone that was just in the system. I didn't have to be a member of that club

I don't think they are going any lower. Back before they were popular I think the lowest I saw was $649. I waited all last winter for that coupon to come back and all I ever saw was $679. At 15% off they are at $679 and with 20% they are $639, which is the lowest I've seen them

Then if you wanted to use some credit score points you could have gotten one for as low as $575 by opening a HF credit card. I don't see anyway they are lower than that.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don’t know a single high end engine builder (cars or bikes or boats) that uses anything harbor freight. Especially Tq wrench.

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I went on Saturday and got two 44" roller cabinets for a workbench I'm gonna make. I have the ITC membership, so I got 20% off each (they let me do both at once even though it's supposed to be one per customer per day), then I signed up for the cc. I got them for $388 each out the door.

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Fuck HF.

Bought one of their old school orange 1/2" drive impacts. Sheared the square drive head in half the first time I used it.

Had a heat gun from them...was using in the dead of winter.....cord got so cold it snapped like glass. Could have fried somebody.

Screw that half ass store.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah