1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harassment...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Everyone has a price...sometimes the price goes up

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I remember the day when a woman had to marry you to ruin your life.

Rebel635 and brex like this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A reuben. Thanks.

5. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Oooh, my favorite. Marble, white, or dark rye?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dark. White is an abomination and marble is just too damn wishy washy.

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Being present at your desk doesn't equal being productive. I can't speak for any other workplace, but the smokers we have are easily some of our highest functioning employees. A lot of our software engineers who don't even smoke "take smoke breaks" to talk through road blocks, bugs etc. But like I said, that is this place and we hire pretty high functioning individuals we won't have to chase to get their work done either.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You must be their notable exception. :Poke:

9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm usually high(while) functioning and please don't chase me for work or otherwise.

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I get a sizable discount on my health insurance for being a non-smoker... something like 60% off my premiums

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Miami Market. Best you'll get.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That women receive lower wages than men is a known fact of most economies. However, Procurement Leaders recent research shows that female buyers are paid less than male buyers. That is, women are earning less for the same work.

That right there is your proof? No numbers, no study to read, nothing. No comparison of any factors other than gender, not age, experience, longevity, nothing.
    And they're claiming a 2% difference between men and women buyers, which is statistically insignificant. That's not proof at all, just another opinion.

I asked how you specifically decided your value, not some generalized description.

I can give you a number of other sources saying the same thing, men and woman, but I'm sure you didn't look at what I gave you.

You say "Yes I AM underpaid, no I didn’t pin it on any certain factor or discrimination" and yet you have said "It just means that I feel women are often passed over for opportunities they are fully qualified for and they are paid less than their male counter parts. " and then you complain about the opportunities you missed because you're female and specifically point out that you're being paid less than a man.

And yes, you're complaining.
    Listing grievances is complaining.

13. CausticYarn

Wrong. I was listing examples to support my obervations. There is a difference.

I just move our tiny little company into “A” supplier status with a multi-billion dollar company yesterday. You are harshing my zen.

We are never going to agree or change the opinion of the other. So, let’s agree to stop following eachother around, and politely ignore we hate the political aspect of one another.

I smell roses and sunshine.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll try to remember next time I'm up there.

15. pickled egg

Girls can do that?!? :confused:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No but women can....

:crackup: Okay, we all know some dude made the proper decisions :D

17. CausticYarn

:crackup:
    Aint no man making any decisions in that place.
    The only reason we passed is because of all the changes I have driven in the last 3 years.
    I like audits though. They not only give the company development opportunities, they give me personal professional development opportunities.

18. pickled egg

Don't make me post your text messages about what a good time you had in that audit yesterday. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

Congrats by the way, that really is cool.

20. CausticYarn

You sit in a room with those people and you would feel like hanging yourself too. That guy was busting my balls.