1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamburger or Cheeseburger?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

And what is your position on the hamburger/cheeseburger debate?

2. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

It's Easy.. Tell them..
    "YOUR GOING RACING...." jeess some people..

3. Tracee Polcin

Now think about it. Would you put bacon on seafood?

4. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

My bad, i guess they'll have an idea when i show up with a bike on a trailer.
    it's months away, but look out, i am a professional backmarker. riding schools hire me to teach folks how to pass.

5. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

if you wrap shrimp in a jalapeno and then wrap it in bacon and grill it, it makes for good eating.

6. Tracee Polcin

Yeah but do you prefer a hamburger or an cheeseburger? [​IMG]

7. smoore

smoore Princess

Off the subject again:

This is sort of complicated but follow along if you will ... my boyfriend has been asked to be a "weekend mechanic" by one of the guys running a formula extreme and a 600 bike in AMA next season. This guy will pay for my boyfriends transportation costs, food and lodging at all of the races (about eleven in all). The question is: how much should he ask to be paid? It's been left pretty open ended and we have no idea what to even ask for. My boyfriend is an excellent mechanic with his own business and has raced professionally, as well. But how do we know what to ask for? Give me some ideas and/or suggestions ... I would appreciate it so much!!!

As always, thanks for the entertainment! [​IMG]

8. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

i would have to say cheeseburger, but now we are forced to choose our cheese. it is like a snowball effect here, are you sure you are prepared to tackle this?

9. smoore

smoore Princess

American Cheese ... it's for a hamburger, for heavens sake! You can't desecrate it with some foreign cheese!

10. Tracee Polcin

Not sure but I would suggest something around what said significant other would make during the weekend at his shop. Or something around an hourly wage or per weekend deal. Maybe a written contract would not be bad either.

11. WERA

WERA Administrator

Krystals - not bad except for the mustard. Chateau Blanc still does it better but Krystals aren't a bad substitute - 10 and a Chili Cheese Pup were todays lunch [​IMG]

12. Tracee Polcin

OK, white or yellow then? [​IMG]

13. Tracee Polcin

Should I call the WERA office and warn them then? [​IMG]

14. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

QUOTE American Cheese ... it's for a hamburger, for heavens sake! You can't desecrate it with some foreign cheese

what if you are going with a mushroom burger, surely swiss would be appropriate. or a good jalapeno chedder for a bit of bite?
    and if you put cheese on it, it isn't a hamburger, now it is a cheeseburger. this is too confusing, go with the chili dog

15. Tracee Polcin

See what I meant by this posting. It's all preference. [​IMG]

16. Tracee Polcin

He does have a very valid point. [​IMG]

17. smoore

smoore Princess

Okay, I'll go with the jalepeno cheddar, I guess you're right! You just can't find a regular hamburger anymore ... and with so many choices, who wants a regular hamburger anyway! But a chiliburger? I wouldn't want to be around Tracee later ...

18. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

you guys are way more fun than my clubs board, thanks for letting me play. [​IMG]
    You would think texans would be full of mindless babble, but it is all serious. [​IMG]

19. smoore

smoore Princess

Sooooo ... Tracee & Texracer & anyone else, answer my question about the weekend mechanic job!!!!! HELP!!!!

20. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

sorry, see what he is going to miss at his job, and try to get compensated by the team. the thing is, if i wasn't married with a kid, i would do it for food and lodging. what a cool way to spend a season.
    if he is that good, he should be paid for what he brings to the team. if he is just swapping tires and changing oil, it is hard to really ask for much.
    what i am trying to say is I have no idea.
    maybe a base, with bonuses paid out of contingencies won.

[This message has been edited by Texracer85 (edited 11-27-2000).]