1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hallett & new Heartland

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 6, 2017.

1. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

New to the 'real' Midwest coming from MI.

First 'local' outing was a total disaster after I met a tire wall at 'RPM'. Should have known better when rolling through the dirt/rock parking lot. Anyway...

Are these 2 tracks worth the trip, too dangerous move on or what say the beeb on current conditions??

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I like Hallett a lot - Connie and her people are great. It's a long drive.

HPT was closed last I heard but not sure on that.

cajun636 and BrianC636 like this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Danny rides at Hallett every now and then.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hallett is a blast. Its not a GP track but it's tons of fun. HPT is really nice and has been repaved this offseason.

panthercity likes this.
  5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

HPT is worth it particularly with new pavement. Hallett is fun, depends on how long your trip is.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where are you located?

7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Hallett is fun, partly because it isn't a GP-type huge track, but it's still a nice place to ride with reasonable facilities. And like RRP mentioned, Connie and the rest of the crew there is great. Just don't go to Hallett expecting Barber.

panthercity likes this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

HPT is a really fun track, it's a good mix of high and low speed corners and has some elevation too. I haven't been there since '09 but I would guess with a repave it should be awesome.

9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Where did you hit a tire wall at RPM? That place has a ton of runoff room that I've taken advantage of more than once haha! That track has gone to hell though, the surface is terrible. HPT will be amazing with the fresh pavement and hallet is a blast too.

10. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Both great tracks, HPT with new pavement is going to be fun. I just wish we had some racing there.

11. twodocs

T1, haha. had a tank slapper that should have put me down, didn't brake check and got right back up to speed with an even later brake marker than normal to try to make up my 'lost time'

Columbia, MO

12. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I didn't know you raced

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  13. archrider

archrider Active Member

So you are roughly 5 hours from Hallet and 3.5 from HPT. Very different tracks but both very fun in their own way. Hallet offers lots of racing and trackdays, HPT is mostly track days with very minimal racing (MCRA). Hastings in Nebraska is suppose to be nice, I have not ridden there but everyone I know that has, has had great things to say. I avoid RPM and Gateway (St Louis) like the plague.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you the Radiologist that was on our local Midmoriders site? You've got a GS?

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know if they'll be there this year or not, but if so, you could go out when MCRA is in town and whip up on those guys.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  16. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's sort of like "racing Lite". Dream scenario would be WERA or CMRA work HPT into their schedules.

17. twodocs

Yeah, that's me. Moved to MO and there are a lot of dirt roads, got a GSAdv and had never been off road before. After getting that thing stuck a billion times got a 250WRF and a 125ttr to break! Still ride the GS, did an ADV course in KC that was cool. Met K. Younger from that site, only rode with him at RPM & told him I have have no intention of returning!

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You need to visit both Heartland and Hallett. Heartland is very, very fast and will be even faster now that the pavement isn't crumbling. Hallett is just super fun and pretty old school with how it's run.

I'm tentative planning on making the April 15/16 weekend at Hallett.

And check out my friend Brad's shop in Springfield, Skunkwerks, for the ADV stuff. Those guys ride those big bikes like they're 250's.

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Jody Barry is an MCRA guy. Maybe we can get him to take a break from his MotoAmerica schedule to come out to HPT. Then you can take your chances with the guy who just beat Josh Herrin on his R1 with a ZX6r. You know, racing lite :)

In all seriousness, we are also @ repaved Putnam April 15/16.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know there are fast MCRA guys. They have balls too - Gateway scares the shit out of me. But when they came to Hallett for the first time the locals won all the races.

Why would a zx6 be racing an R1, and where?