1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess who!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Guess who!
    :D

[​IMG]

2. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

nice tape work!!!

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Still trying to figure out some body mounts w/o drilling into the frame.

I'd hate to get it all figured out and then find out the lower doesn't fit!

I guess I could of put the upper to lower fastners on but I was kind of working from top down.

4. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Awe Man!!!!!! You are such a Benedict Arnold! :D Man, I thought we were friends, dude. I have to race against that thing next weekend. Crap! ;) Seriously, give me a call if you need help mounting that stuff. I have mine mounted to where I didn't need to bubble the lower to keep it off the pipe. Yeah.....that's it.....I'll help you fix Opie's bodywork.....I will help you fix it real good. Muhahahahahahaha!:D

5. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Thanks for the huh.... "offer"! Hahahaha

I don't want to go the route of drilling into the frame and making that bracket like Sharkskinz recomends. I've repaired Shelli's too many times to not like it (sorry Shelli). There just has to be a better way.

When I mounted the bodywork on the Siren's bike I used a mount that came to me in a dream: I went completely through the bike between the "V" with a piece of threaded rod encased in tubeing. 1/2 way on the ends of the rod I put rod extenders and stop nuts. The whole deal was the inside measurement of the bodywork. I secured it all with hose clamps at the bodymounts inside the frame. The bodywork attaches with bolts threaded from the outside into the rod extenders. It looks good... I just wonder how sturdy and crash worthy it is.

I was looking at the MB Motorsports clamp on frame sliders and think I could drill and tap the clamp part of it in the original bodywork location! Hey MB: I bet you could start making those with a bung there! All I ask for a free set (for me and all my friends).

I'm starting to think I'll make stand offs from the engine / frame mounts. I just hate putting a piece of aluminum under such an important bolt...

Still thinking.

6. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

What's with that bellypan? It looks like something took a bite outta it...:confused:

7. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Sounds like a realy cool way to mount it. The V construction makes it likely to bend in a crash and not stab into electrics or carbs. Like a little crumple zone. It sounds like it would bend away from all that stuff. Plus, if you have those Axljak frame sliders, the bodywork won't hit the ground much. I proved that one. Tiny little scratch on the right side that looks like a grass stain.I wanna see if it looks like what I think it does at Tally. Although, I have already drilled the holes in mine.

8. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Well...... it's a lovely example of the letter "U" now...... :(

9. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

I'm easily confused

Bummer, oh well thats why you have a team mechanic/love slave right??

:D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  10. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

I just heard about that. Sorry.

So the answer was / is: not very well? Were there frame sliders on at the time? Would those of helped?

I'd like to put one thing out there: That sub harness work in the front was not my usual standards. That was trying to get a LOT of things done prior to Shelli getting the bike to PS's house.

If the bike is going to be at Talladega I'll correct it.