1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR750 timing adjustment comapro results.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by GSXR600, Jul 2, 2005.

1. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Hey guys just thought i would report back with a little feedback on what I did today.

I have a 2002 GSXR750 with a Yoshi EMS fuel system manipulation box. It allows me to adjust the timing also.

After reading the articles posted by www.factorypro.com (factory pro) It seems the GSXR's can benefit from a boost in timing.

My bike was dyno tested at just a snot hair below 120hp. With a few maint things i was slacking on that i took care of , prob 120hp we will say for ease of numbers.

Anyhow, i took the bike out and ran it, ran the piss out of it through all the gears. Temp outside was about 75 and bike was running in the 180's. I did roll-ons, hard accels, wheelies, top speed runs in different gears you name it.

I then came home and bumped the timing +2 across the board in all rpms at all throttle %s. Granted I didn't get back to a dyno.....but my little on road test confirmed the bike did pick up some gains.

Most noted in a 1st gear hard roll on. Not ripping the throttle open, but not rolling it.....but a brisk opening...is when the gains can be noted. at +0 doing this the bike would not want to wheelie, and if it did, it was not until very very high in the R's near red. With +4 the bike wants to rise into the air with the tac someplace in the middle........i would say 7-9 range. Of all the little tests i did it seems to have picked up a little low end and mid range, i really could not tell any top end being its going so damn fast by then and the feel of acceleration is not that noticed by my seat of my pants dyno.

So if you got the time and the gizmo, try a timing bump, im sure you will feel the gains, i have. I do plan to dyno it when i get a chance and see the numbers.