1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr Shock Fitment Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 600rrpilot, Jul 14, 2005.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Well-Known Member

wondering if a ohlins rear shock off a 02 1000 will fit a 04 600. as per ohlins website the type, length, and stroke are all exactly the same. just need to make sure.

:Pop:

2. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

You can call Ohlins tech. The number is listed on their website.

3. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

4. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Yes it will bolt up but you will probably want to have traxxion or thermosman set it up for the 600. the 1k's usually require more spring as they load up the rear more (squat) which also may lead to other things depending on how fast you wanna go. If it's used it probably needs going through anyway. You may want to get quotes and see where you end up $ wise compared to new. That Penske triple is a great shock.

Rick

5. GrahamB

GrahamB Well-Known Member

Are you sure about the lengths? The 04 600 is 332mm, like the 03-1000. However the std shock for the 02-600 is 325: the Ohlins site says 329 +5.5 adjustment for the 1000, so you can get it to the right length but you'll have little ride-height adjustment left.

Otoh, it's easy to just put a shim in the top shock mount, which is what I did to put an 02-600 Ohlins in my 04.

Yes, they need a bigger spring and different valving: not because they squat more, just the leverage is different.

If you run the same spring they will squat more... 90N (525lb) works ok for me.