1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR safety wire

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bob33, Apr 21, 2003.

1. bob33

bob33 Well-Known Member

I am wiring a 2002 GSXR 600 for my first race and was wondering the best way to do the front axle. I've done the pinch bolts but seen front axle on the list too.
    Also my buddy is have trouble with the header nuts on his R6. any suggestions on the easiest way to do that?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

torque the axle mark the axle where the split is on the lower leg mark the other side too. the part that the axle screws into with a sharpe or scribe a line in it that way you can get it in the same spot if you remove it. Just drill the axle on the mark above the split and the safety wire will go down the split part to the pinch bolts. You do not need to get a torque wrench out after you do it a few times you just line up your safety wire hole up to the split in the lower leg each time....the header nuts suck on any bike use a stud remover and go to the hardware store and buy allen head bolts much easier to drill them and easier to wire. most studs come out easy with a pair of vise grips too I just have a set of stud removers and am spoiled:)

3. bob33

bob33 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. It turned out to be easier than I thought it would.Hopefully I'll be ready for AL this weekend:)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2003