1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR Front Rotor question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DDavis, Jul 18, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DDavis

DDavis Member

I'm looking to replace some rotors and saw that 2009-2016 gsxr 1000 and 2011+ 600/750 look identical. Same bolt pattern, same diameter, and same thickness. But Suzuki list them as a different part number. Can anyone confirm that these are interchangeable? Or does anyone have insight into why their numbers are different? Maybe they're different material or something along those lines. I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

When I was a Suzuki dealer I discovered that they will often give the same part different numbers for every model. Don't understand why, you'd think they'd want fewer numbers to simplify things. All the Jap company's seem to do it. I'd bet they're the same rotor.

3. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Check aftermarket rotor part numbers and see if they're the same.

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Duh,,,you can charge more for the liter bike rotors. Equating the part numbers is simple for the computer. I really have no idea. o_O

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I'd guess they differentiate part number as a way track which machines are being supported? Just a guess.

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Maybe different suppliers or something as trivial as a cosmetic difference. May also be superceded part numbers not being updated. Although that should be happening less with microfiche going away. I can't imagine their inventory control people would allow different part numbers for the same part without committing seppuku in protest.

This seems like good advice.

7. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

A different part number on an identical part is often times due to a different color of the part or maybe a slight difference in material used.