1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR cam question 2006 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by afm199, Jan 2, 2011.

1. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

So I have an 06 600. The motor that came with it had some work done, including a pinned intake cam in the exhaust cam position ( with slotted sprocket). I'm not surprised to see that, I was surprised to see it was a "C" cam, which I think is the 750 intake. I would have expected to see it used as an intake and the stock intake cam from the 600 pinned and moved to the exhaust cam position. The stock cams for the bike are A and B.

Anyone know if the C cam is a 750 designation? And why someone would use it in the exhaust when it has more lift than the stock intake that is currently there?

2. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Nobody? Ok, anybody got a GSXR 750 06-07 intake cam handy? What is the letter on the sprocket end that is stamped there? C?

3. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the factory manual for an 06 750 and it shows "A" for intake and "B" for exhaust. Is it possible that they used the same photos for both the 600 and 750's factory manuals?

4. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Still wondering now. The C intake has about 10 thou more lift than the A intake from the 600.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011