1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR C22 APS wire issue

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RobG203, Apr 25, 2021.

1. RobG203

RobG203 Member

Hopefully someone can help with this error that’s been driving me insane. I’ve been getting an F1 light on my 07 gsxr 750, when I jump the plug to check the error I get a C22 code on my dash. It’s the atmospheric pressure sensor, I believe it’s the rear one by the battery. I have another gsxr with the same part number and when I swap the sensor the error does not go away. The other bike does not throw the error. I’ve checked the the wires, used the multimeter to make sure everything checks out and it does as far as I can tell. Last week I randomly starting massaging the harness wires to make sure nothing was kinked and the code went away. I decided to change out the spark plugs today and then the code back bike. I only removed the air box and coil packs. Any thoughts on what could be causing my APS to trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RobG203

RobG203 Member

I’m just about ready to run 3 new wires to the ECU. Can I just do that? Or do the wires need to Combine with other wires elsewhere first?

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That year 750 had many issues with the rear part of the harness. You could drop the bike from a rear stand and set off codes. I remember changing harnesses several times to solve recurring issues, there's a couple of bad harnesses hanging in the rafters of my shop as parts donors. It's likely a connector problem or an intermittent short. Check the wiring diagram for the path, but rewiring that section of the circuit should fix it.

4. RobG203

RobG203 Member

Glad to hear it’s not just me with wiring issues. It’s driving me nuts and my first track day is coming up this week. When you say “check the wiring diagram for the path”, are you saying it’s not as simple as take the 3 wires from the sensor and run it directly to the ecu? I was hoping to just piggie back 3 wires right into the ecu

[​IMG]

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I am saying get the wiring schematic and follow it. 12v wiring is not a guessing game.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  6. RobG203

RobG203 Member

You were right it’s much more complicated then I thought. It looks like I have to link all these wires together. Not what I was hoping for I’m about ready to get a whole new harness. Damn you Suzuki

[​IMG]

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That' was the easiest way for me when I ran into this problem as well. Good luck.