1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gsxr bodywork on sv

Discussion in 'General' started by paperclip, Feb 6, 2003.

1. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

Does the 96-01 gsxr bodywork (race) fit an sv??

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I believe it does. I remember a certain Huey-built SV running GSX-R bodywork at the GNF. Some Dogg-gone fast guy was riding it too. :cool:

3. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Of course, you'll have a really "fun" time fitting it... :)

4. dave333

dave333 traveler

I had a shop fit my bodywork. Some mods were necessary to the fairing stay and the you had to fabricate your own side brackets and lower brackets. After the shop was done and a couple of hundred later, they were on, no problem... You can do it yourself, with a buddy around to hold it in place while you eye it up. Get some flat stock aluminum to fabricate some L brackets, and some muffler clamps (or equivalent) to attach to the frame and provide support for the uppers' side mounts. I have pics and can send them to you in a few days, I'm in the middle of a house move... Email me if you want them.

5. dave333

dave333 traveler

BTW, fwiw, imho, the SV specific bodywork looked a lot nicer and the fit was custom, not like you will get when you try and mount bodywork specifically built for the curves and mounting holes of a gixxer...

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Why would you want to do that, unless you got it for under $200?
    The GSXR is a inline 4, SV, a twin.So you want to make you bike wider?I can sell you a complete new set, with all the brackets, ready to bolt up.

7. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

as a matter of fact i did get the set of sharkskinz for $250. I own a 97 gsxr and as everybody else has recommended I am looking into trading it for an sv. I already have everything i "need" to make my gsxr raceable, fully stock but track legal. So it would suck if i traded it and i had to get all new stuff all over again.

8. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

I just got done fittin a set of 2k1 gsxr bodywork to a 02 sv . It wasent that bad, and looks pretty good too.

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: gsxr bodywork on sv

Give me more details, I may be interested if he's not!