1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr 600 compatible parts 06-21

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DBConz, Feb 8, 2021.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

I know there was a shock discussion recently, and I know the case covers are the same.

Does anyone know if the throttle bodies are the same from 2006 to current on the 600?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

The Throttle bodies had a small change from the 06-07 to 08-10 (the fuel hose comes off the T.B. pointing the opposite direction, but can swapped if you drill new mounting holes in the base of the fuel pump and rotate it 180 degrees, but you would need to remove the fuel quantity float)

Starting in 2011, they are completely different and not at all compatible with the 06-10 versions. I wish they were as I have 2 sets of 2013's that I would like to use on my 09..... but it's not happening.

The 11-20 T.b.'s are shorter in size and the clamping system to attach them to the airbox is completely different. They would have to be used with an 11-20 airbox, which wont fit under your 06-10 tank, and the 11-20 tank wont fit on the older frame.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    gapman789 likes this.
  3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

ok thanks. what about the injectors itself? buddy of mine has a spare set of TB's and i've been chasing down a C34 code for a while. wanted to try swapping his TB's or maybe injectors to see if that clears my code.

4. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

I have not tried swapping injectors only. No help to you there unfortunately.

5. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

Swap injectors from a good cylinder, if the code changes its the injector if not its the wiring or something else. If the bike has a powercommander try unhooking it and running the bike.