1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSTAR BUSTED!!! or Rules & Regulations in SC

Discussion in 'General' started by GStar, Sep 23, 2005.

1. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Yeah, I just got nailed by SC's finest for no mirrors (my fault) and no turn signals?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Are turn signals required in SC? If they are/aren't where can I find proof?

2. aagab

aagab Well-Known Member

3. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it is still this way or not, but it used to be:

If you have brackets for mirrors and trun signals they have to be installed. If the mounting points are gone, then not required.

Last I looked into it was 10 yrs ago.

4. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

mirrors are required in SC. You must have one on the bike to be legal, even if it is a small one.

turn signals are different.
    -It is legal to have no turn signals (but you must always use hand signals if you don't have them).
    -It is not legal to have less than 4 turn signals on your bike. For example, if you have signals on the front of your bike but not on the back, you will be ticketed.

I had a run in for the same stuff and the above is the lesson the kind people of law enforcement helped me understand.

Atleast fight the turn signals, piss them off in some way.

Ben

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Gstar...

I believe you can find that info in the drivers manual at the DMV.

One mirror, and hand signals will do ya here.